The Baby Upstairs

The Baby Upstairs

A Story by Smile
"

Short 'ghost' story

"
In a family of 8 people, I used to live in a 2 bedroom house. And the sleeping arrangements were that my parents took one room, my brothers, all 5 of them, shared the other, and seeing as I was the only girl, I took the couch. For the next 3 weeks after we moved into the house, everything was dandy fine. Life was normal and everything was usual. But one day, I had to come home alone. My brothers were staying for after-school programs and my parents don't get off work until 6 in the evening. Now, this happened often, so I didn't mind being home alone. So I came home and got myself a pop and started on my homework. 10 minutes into my homework, I heard walking from upstairs. And I stopped doing my homework and listened to see if I heard it again. Nothing. So I thought maybe the house was just getting old and was creaking. So I got back to doing my homework. I was so concentrated on my homework, I didn't hear it at first. But then as I was cleaning up my homework, I heard some noise coming from upstairs again. It sounded like the TV in my parents' room was on. So I went upstairs and turned off the TV and came back to sit on the couch and started reading. About 25 mins in to my book, I heard some crying. And I thought it was my neighbor's baby, so I ignored it. But the crying just got worse and worse. So I decided to check why they weren't watching their child. But when I looked out the window, it was raining and there wasn't a kid in sight. So I got a little freaked and decided to get some sleep to pass time. And just as I was dozing off, I felt a hand on my stomach, like how a someone would hug a person when they sleep. And I was not fully awake yet and wasn't really aware of what was happening. So I grabbed the arm and lift it, examined it for a bit, and dropped it back to where it was on my stomach. And in my head, I thought, weird, I should only have two hands...and this is a couch, how could anyone be able to sleep next to me? And shot up and looked around to find no one. Then I heard a loud noisy right above my head from upstairs. It sounded like something heavy dropped, and I thought it might've been something my important so I rushed up the stairs. But halfway up, I thought, .....why would something fall when I was down here all this time?! Maybe one of the guys are home. So I walked into my brothers' room saying out loud, What are you do-, I was cut off by seeing a baby crawling outside my brothers' balcony. And then the baby walked off it and I ran out to the balcony to see if she was alright, but when I looked, there was no one. And I got really creeped out, so I grabbed my packback, the house keys and the umbrella and walked to my neighbor's house. So for a while I just talked with my neighbor about school and the weather. But then she asked my why I came over and not at home. I told her about what happened and she gave me this strange look, like she thought I was going crazy. So I asked her what was wrong and she said that before my family moved in, there was another family that lived there. Apparently, the family's youngest daughter had crawled off the balcony and died without anyone seeing.
I stayed at my neighbor's placed until my parents came to pick me up and then I told them about it and that night, I set some offerings out at the balcony and went to bed. And after that, the house was quiet and nothing strange happened anymore.

© 2011 Smile


Author's Note

Smile
****My religion believes that offerings, anything can be a offering, most effective offerings in my experience are food and paper money, will help keep the spirits away and/or at bay. Sometimes if it's a bad spirit, the offerings won't work and bigger procedures are taken. But if the spirits' intentions are not to harm, then the offerings will more than likely, keep the spirits away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool story! It was really suspenseful. I didn't think it would actually be a baby!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on November 15, 2011
Last Updated on November 15, 2011

Author

Smile
Smile

MN



About
A girl looking for a place to call 'home'. more..

Writing
Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Smile


Doll Doll

A Poem by Smile


A New Story A New Story

A Poem by Smile