My Lachryma Papaveris

My Lachryma Papaveris

A Poem by Sarah

Awakeness interfering Sleep,
Guide me to the river Lethe,
Unlatch your gates of ivory,
Morpheus relieve me. 
Daily haunts at the wrong time,
Balancing on a fine line, 
Ticking with the Grand Old Clock,
Prescribe something to knock me out,
So that no love is lost, Hypnos,
Between me and my Dreams. 

© 2018 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
Not Complete

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brilliant. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece of writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


To be able to navigate through a river of forgetfulness and to have our dreams invaded by Morpheus only to be awaken to a mortals destiny. It is the sweet gift of God to give us dreams filled with a life different than the one we have when we are awake. Beautiful poem, it makes me long for night so I can fall under a dream.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sarah

5 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

Dreams are a wonderful gift, and sleep is often a luxury :)
This is gorgeous! Very Brontean/Dickenson-like in its baroque/gothic whimsy.. I love that classic/romantic feel that you give to this longing piece.. the desire to remain within the paradise of a perfect daydream is so strong and powerful.. can be completely intoxicating.. day/life can be so inconvenient in getting in the way of our longing daydreams.. those that we wish to actualize in real life. Your writing is beautiful.. I love the classical references.. my only suggestion is to improve the flow and the way the words connect.. it’s a little bit jolting/contrives in the way you plucked words into the lines.. perhaps add and remove some words.. try out some different combinations for different rhythm and pattern and see what rolls off the tongue most smoothly.. I’m sure that this could be spectacular!! I do love the idea behind your piece and your desire to use lofty language.. I have a heart for classical/myth verbiage, so well done!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sarah

5 Years Ago

Thanks for reading! & many blessings for your kind words & suggestions, will definitely take them on.. read more
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
dude i'll hide my face as the blood rushes up to me as i blush because i lush this too much, and so i apologize for my interpretation too. i don't think this is about the actual dreams at night, i think it's about a person's day dreams. i think it's a person who lives their everyday life but gets little moments to just day dream away in some lovely fantasy at little times, and they're saying they want to just fall asleep during the day until these moments come. my favorite line is "daily haunts at the wrong time" because in my interpretation this means that while they're trying so hard to fall asleep during the day until the good moments that they have personal doubts too about their day dreams that they want so much. isn't that tiny little worry worth a million words?? i know i might be reaching but this is what this poem does for me, and i love it, and i thank you for sharing it so much!! you're a killer of my heart with words right now in this day dream of mine :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sarah

6 Years Ago

That’s what I was going for, such a strange feeling of wanting to sleep in a daydream thanks for r.. read more
PaintedBirdy

6 Years Ago

oh i enjoyed it :) please start floating now!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018
Tags: Poppy Tears, Awake, Insomnia, Morpheus, Hypnos, Opium

Author

Sarah
Sarah

United Kingdom



About
Bookworm more..

Writing
Overdose Overdose

A Poem by Sarah


Boreas's Doll Boreas's Doll

A Story by Sarah