Off the Map

Off the Map

A Chapter by Smokey

Jane Willowhall was unlike any other woman one would come across. Her glass, green eyes shone like a fox's at night. Her skin was as pale as moonlight. Her dark brown hair framed her face perfectly if you ever caught a glimpse of it down. She was the pearl of the Willowhall family. The only trouble was that no one has ever seen her smile. Her ruby red lips always in a straight line like a porcelain doll's. Not to mention the only man that has been seen by her side was her trusted butler Quil. Quil had her green eyes and her shade of dark brown hair. Some have mistaken them for siblings but soon cam to their realization as he kneels down to her. They were the kings and queens of this small city, the gossip of the town, the only interesting thing. 

It was a night like any other. The city lights were dim and only of few house had candle lights on. Jane bud her mother good night only to get silence in return. She had not thought she would get an answer but the jab of pain was still there. The ringing in her head, the gossips of the old ladies burned her ears and the glares of the girls in her grade burned through to her core. She slid up to her room where she collapse on the floor. The ringing wouldn't stop and she crawled up until she felt as small as a pebble. There was a knock on the door and it creaked open. Quil stood there in front of his curled up sister. He slipped his arm under her neck to cradle her neck and slipped the other under her knees and lifted her up. She simply muttered "Quil, mother didn't respond" then there was a silence until her voice once again rose "again." He simply laid down his sister in her bed and told her a bed time story but as he was about to leave she grabbed his shirt. "Why do we live like this? Why must you act like my butler?" It was silent for a while until her brothers raspy voice spoke "It's because mother said so, don't worry one day we will run away together and be free. Ok? Hang tight." With a goodnight kiss placed on her forehead he left. Jane fell asleep to the comfort of her brother words little did she know that would soon all change. 

It was the smell of smoke that filled her lungs that woke her up. Then the screeches and hollers if terrified people got her to open her eyes. It was the heat that came from the fire that made her realize this was reality. Flames were engulfed everywhere. She ran towards her window covering her face with her left arm. She was shocked of the sight before her. It was the sight of her mother and father carried out on stretches towards the ambulance. Her name was echoed across the walls and she jerked back and ran towards the door in order to see who was screaming her name. As she reached the door frame she fell coughing at the forced entry of smoke. Her eyes tearing from keeping them open. She could only feel pain and right before went limb she caught a glimpse of green eyes lunging towards her. 

She woke up in a small cot. Her mid foggy of what happened last night and how she ended up here. The tubes and mask she realized she wore made the memories flash before her. She snapped up and jumped out of the cot. Discounting from everything that was stabilizing her. She ran to the front asking where the Willowhalls were. The lady's eyes shifted to the left and her mouth frowned. The silence filled the waiting room and it was only till a doctor came to her side and explains the death of her parents and brother. Crumbling to the floor sobbing. Just like that the Willowhall family was taken off the map. 


© 2015 Smokey


Author's Note

Smokey
Sorry if its really grammatically wrong or moves too fast.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

When it says her parents and brother does the brother mean her butler since he was thought to be her brother and you used brotherly and stuff to reference him

Posted 8 Years Ago


Smokey

8 Years Ago

Yup sorry if thats unclear
Living_Shadowz

8 Years Ago

So the butler died
Near the butler part where they were mistaken for siblings your spelled came as cam

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2015
Last Updated on October 29, 2015


Author

Smokey
Smokey

GA



About
About me well... I love reading and watching murder mysteries currently I'm really into Sherlock and Miss Fisher :D I really love music I have a huge music range!!!!!!!! I love to write. I might .. more..

Writing
Dress me Dress me

A Poem by Smokey


Flower of Hope Flower of Hope

A Chapter by Smokey