My beginning!

My beginning!

A Chapter by Gema
"

Sorry for mistakes and stuff! Tell me what you think x

"

I stood silent under the moon it drew attention to my eyes they shone the bluest of seas of oceans cast around the world.

My hair twinkled from the moons light.

My Jet black hair slightly curly but not over the top curly.

I had my music on so most people could see or hear.

 i seems to be bobbing my head slightly to the music while walking.

I got to a house lit up and quite posh for the street.

I took my keys out of my bag and put the key into the lock and before i could turn it  opened by someone inside.

"What are you doing back so late?"

Stood there is a quite smart gentleman as we might say.

 He had a shiny black suit on had very shiny black shoes and is well quite a flash looking man.

"I told you I was with some friends"

I said looking up after putting my key in my bag.

I stood leaning on my right leg.

I had black combat trousers on with a bright green strappy top with a green and pink hoodie tide around my waist.

"Get up to your room quick before your mum finds out!"

He hugs me and smiles as he lets my arm go as i jogged up the stairs.

"Jeremy is that her?"

a female voice shouts

"No dear just locking the door"

He makes a face to his daughter to run quick

"Jeremy I can hear her!"

"Jamie get her now!"

Jamie's face makes a funny squished up lip face.

"S**t!"

Jamie whispers under my breath knowing he was gonna get it some deep do do!

"Coming!"

i walked slow as i could to my mums bedroom

"What is your excuse this time young lady?"

My mum folded her arms

"I was taking a walk"

I tried to think what to tell her next

"Where? And at this time?"

My face told my mum everything

"There’s a boy!"

 "No what?"

I tried to think how to cover this up before it got too far.

"I was just out that’s all!"

"Jamie your grounded!"

I said with an expression of disappointment and anger on my face.

"What? How’s that fair?"

I threw my bag down!

"Jamie life’s not fair now to bed!"

She pointed to my room

"It's nine o clock!"

"Young ladies need there beauty sleep. Plus we are viewing your new school tomorrow!"

"Oh yeah that’s a big excitement!"

I stormed off slamming the door behind me i passed my father in the hallway and ran to my bedroom crying.

My father opened the door and peeps around

"And you, how dare you not punish her!"

She said in a temper breathing heavily

"She’s not our baby anymore she's nearly eighteen"

He pulls open the bedroom closet

"That’s why we need her in this finishing school to settle her down to make her into a civilised young lady"

 she said looking at the brochure on the bed

"I don't think she wants to go Geraldine"

He tries sticking up for his daughter while trying to get dressed

"she will go and she will like it"

she said closing the brochure.

 

I stand in the middle of my bedroom looking at the long mirror on my closet.

I stopped and stared i then pick up a vase on my dressing table tears flow down my face smoothly but calmly i collapses to the floor in a huddle.

"How dare my mum make me something i'm not?"

I pick up my back pack throw it on the bed i open my closet and pick some warm clothes my mobile and my mp4.

Things that mean something to me.

I look over at my dresser and then pick up a photo of my dad he meant more to me than the world, i decided to leave him a note.

I put his photo in the bag stuffing everything i could in i closed it having no regrets to leave this hell hole.

I picked up my journal pulling out a page and picking up my fountain pen that mummy dearest had bought me from London i wrote

 

DEAR FAMILY

I AM SICK OF MUM WANTING ME TO BE WHO I DO NOT WANT TO BECOME!

DAD I LOVE YOU THE WHOLE OF THE WORLD BUT I CANNOT LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS HER!

BY THE TIME YOU GET THIS I WILL HAVE GONE SO PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER COMING AFTER ME

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE DISSAPOINTMENT I HAVE CAUSED YOU BOTH!

I LOVE YOU DAD

JAMIE XXX

 

 

 

Tears are streaming down my face as i finish the last kiss to my dad.

This was maybe the last time i would ever see my dad forever!

I quikly picked up the journal shoving that in my bag aswell and sat on the bed.

But it was worth the freedom to do what i wanted.

The freedom to be myself.

I closed the letter trying not to smudge it and creeped down stairs and put it on the breakfast table.

I grabbed my stuff my coat and made my way down stairs quietly opened the door and shut it as I walked to the end of the path i opened the gate closed it and just stood.

I stared for a second

"Goodbye old life!"

i then turned and walked into the darkness of the night it seemed like hours walking in the middle of the night hitting the highway seeing flashing lights sirens it made it no more exciting that a arcade machine and you not winning!

I came to a town!

Flashing lights swirling colours!

VAGAS!

Elvis, money, work, love!

That’s what it was a whole new beginning!

I walked with a smile on my face looking at all the lights and signs pass by it seemed like a world full of light!

I was amazed by all the colours the people the way of life!

I walked further entering central town.

Seeing a motel i decided to crash for the night.

I walked to the reception of the motel and opened the door and smiled at the person behind the desk.

I put my bags to the side on the seat and walked to the reception desk.

"Hello can I have a room for the night?"

"That will be $20 please"

"Really that’s quite expensive!"

I looked at my wallet i had $200

Looking around $20 quid for this place?

But I had no where else to go.

"Take it or leave it babe"

"Okay one room please"

 I sighs

I collected the key and headed to the room which i looked at the key which read number 8!

It is quite weird because it is my lucky number out of all the numbers i had 8 was my luckiest one.

I put the key in turned it and pushd the door open with my foot.

It wasn’t the best of rooms but it would do for now.

The room looked like a 50’s bedroom with old retro wallpaper and the bed looked atrocious!

But i had to make do for now this is what i could afford to have.

I put my stuff down next to the bed and began to write

 

So this is a new start?

The fresh beginning a new place!

Time to fend for my self!

Time to show them whose boss!

I’m gonna be me and live a life I want!

No ones gonna stop me!

I can be who ever I want!

Vegas is brilliant the pumping sounds the lights the action!

I can feel the vibe it sends through my body willing me to get out there!

There’s only one problem I’m seventeen and illegal to do pretty much anything here!

I’m gonna have to solve that problem some other time.

At the moment I gotta find me a job!

I’m gonna get some rest for now.

Hope this plan works out.

 

The sun is shining on the bed through the curtains slowly it woke me up I made a kind of makes a grr noise and tossed over on my other side.

I relies I had to get up I had things to do. other wise i’ll never get anything done today.

I slowly pulled the cover off me and looked at my table side desk and took my wallet releasing i’m going to need this room longer than a night i decided to get dressed and pay for another night.

I slips on my combat trousers and my strappy top spray my self and picks up the key on my dressing table.

I opened the door and shut it and then locks it behind me.

I walked over to reception that guy was still there he looked half Mexican half Chinese.

He was quite a big fellow one might say.

He had pure black hair scraped back in a pony tail a white strappy top on he was seated so this was as far as you could see.

I smiled

“Hi can I have the room for another night please?”

“That will be $20 please”

I hands it over and he smiles

“Have a nice day”

He turned away from me and enters a back room as i turn i put my wallet in my combat pocket and opened the door and shut it still turning to look at the Mexican Chinese person.

I walked down the path from the motel if you looked at it, it was not that bad apart from its decorations really if it was in the 50’s it would be perfect but it was the 21st century so it didn’t really fit.

I walked up to the road side and walked down the street unsure on where i was going i decided to ask someone

“Hello could you please tell me where the nearest shop is could you?”

“Yes, it straight down there to the left”

The woman smiled sweetly that my eyes nearly shut.

“Thank you”

I smiled and started to walk

I walked up the street then turned left ‘Jak’s tak’ shop it read.

I opened the door BING!

I looked around i needed a newspaper to find a job.

I went to the newspaper stand and picked up Vegas today!

I took it up to the counter

“$1 please”

I handed over the money and put the paper under my arm putting my wallet in my pocket.

I walked out BING!

I decided i would go back to the motel and take a look through the newspaper.

I had neither the money nor the time to take a holiday right now i needed money fast before i was out on the streets.

Going home wasn’t an option!

I walked down the street blocking the sun with my newspaper it was particularly hot today.

I wafted myself with the newspaper as i walked to the motel entrance i saw some new guests arriving a family.

I thought i was the only one.

After being distracted by the new guests i carried on walking to my room up the path until i was directly outside my door i pulled the key out of my pocket and opened the door.

I slowly shut the door and headed over to the bed slumping on it i pulled the paper fully out turning to the job section.

I stretched over to my bag pulling out a red pen.

I looks through the jobs there was one that struck my eyes

BAR PERSON URGENT NEEDED!

NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED.

APPLY TO ‘HOT AND SWINGIN’

 

It was perfect the only thing was the age!

I was 17 not 21 maybe if i lied!

I decided to circle that twice incase i forgot.

Another struck my eyes.

HELP NEEDED!

WAITER/WAITRESS

APPLY AT MOMMA’S BEST!

 

I circled that one also i decided on quite a few so i took the paper with me.

I once again headed out and this time took a map from the reception.

I walked to the center of town until i stopped dead at the heart of Vegas!

“Wow Vegas i though!”

I continued walking while half reading my map i turned left heading for the bar i was looking for i walked down and there in green neon lights ‘HOT AND SWINGIN’

I brushed myself off and tried to look my best.

I then took a huge breath and headed in.

 

 

I pushed what looked like old saloon doors.

I saw a woman behind a bar wiping beer glasses.

I looked up and politly smiled

“What can I do you the pleasure for miss?”

she was a little different than most people

Jet black hair with traces of brown.

Rosie red lips that would warm your whole body with one glance of a smile.

her eyes pure chocolate brown warm and melty.

They Made you want to just stare at them for ages.

She was different her tattoo’s stood out the most on her body but looking you could feel and know that they mean’t something.

Her voice was soothing something like a mums voice but i was different.

New and kind, A role model to look up to I found myself looking into my eyes stood silent and still.

“Hey anyone in there?”

I smiles tapping my head

“I was wondering if the job was still avalible?”

I stood there fiddling with my thumbs

“Yeah sure is”

She looked at me with an enourmous smile still drying glasses as we spoke.

“Could I apply please?”

I looked up thinking how I could get out of this age thing.

“Yeah you sure can, Now there are two positions going one glass collector and one bar staff”

“Oh okay”

I kinda clutched my fist so hard my nails dug into the palm of my hand.

“Well how old are you?”

I stood thinking for a moment

“I look young but am eighteen in a couple of weeks”

I tried pleading my way to the job.

“Okay okay you can have the glass collectors job you won’t be near alcohol that way”

She smiled and handed me a t-shirt and gave me a tiny bit of paper.

This was far too easy I had just gotta a job and money and a friend.

This was my new start all falling into place.

 



© 2008 Gema


Author's Note

Gema
Sorry for mistakes please do tell me what you think x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brilliant start! Love the characters and the vivid details! Excellent work!!!

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 14, 2008


Author

Gema
Gema

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello, Gema here. I've written since I don't know when, it vaires and can be very mood driven. I am a huge marvel fan, enjoy the supernatural and mythology in general. I am also a huge lover o.. more..

Writing
My bedtime Animals. My bedtime Animals.

A Chapter by Gema