OLD AGE -The hardest stage!

OLD AGE -The hardest stage!

A Poem by Sneh
"

The poem is written after observing lives of aged peoples,their hopes and only motive of life.

"
Shaking heads, wrinkled hands,
Seeking only love but seems to be fade.
Oh god, what an ungrateful age!

Gazing with innocence, taken as a nuisance,
Living merciful life without any chance.
Oh god, what a challenging age!

Casual is what loneliness, comes rare with happiness,
But try to indulge by praising the word 'hopeness'
Oh god, what a suffering age!

Family and friends become formality,
The way to treat them must be loyalty .
Oh god, give me the strength like stars
So I can add some shine into the lives of those with scars!

© 2018 Sneh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When in early twenties, lived in Michigan. Went to Florida that winter, for warmth. The parks in Miami brimming with octogenarians,and their elders. At first impression, it seemed like walking dead. Conversations revealed a wealth of enviable and exciting chapters from their past. The infirmities of age, though inconvenient, was not their focal point. It was true joy for the "NOW", where they impressed me the most. Each day is a treasure to savor. This life lesson never left me and is a blessing still.

Playing In The Ruins
From the
Mindscapes
Of
Valormore

....Carefree oblivion to crumbling facades, unbridled awe, and hopeful expectations, guide the child’s steps through the wondrously made remnants of a once productive and beautiful church. Gone are the opulent adornments that once amazed all who gazed upon the splendor within. Surrounded by a thriving city, shadowed by tall buildings and bustling traffic, this charming little church was a rare jewel drawing multitudes to her peaceful gardens, where anxiety and strife melt away, finding no foothold in the fertile soil of this welcoming sanctuary.
....Rebeca sings to herself as she skips along the cracked mosaic tiles of a floor once admired as a masterpiece of artistic expression, so exquisite as to cause pause and adoration within each step from those who tread upon it with reverence. She indulges in long playful conversations with invisible friends and loved ones, laughing with bubbling joy at their comments, heard by only Rebeca, during her imaginary tea parties.
....For Rebeca, the white doves that come and go through the holes in the tattered roof to nest in the bare skeleton of beams that once framed impeccable frescoes, depicting virtuous values, appear as an angelic host announcing grandeur yet to be beheld as she calls to each by name with greetings, as they arrive to roost and rest in safety.
Rebeca too, rejoices in the harmonious harbor of this retreat from reality, until the daylight begins to fade.
....“Where is Rebeca?” asks Penelope. “She isn’t in her room and it is time to get her ready for bed.”
....“I left her in the garden,” says Glenda. “Steven was supposed to bring her in before his shift was over.”
....“I’m sorry,” says Glenda. “I’ll round her up straight away.”
....“If Rebeca is still out there it means she missed dinner too,” says Penelope. “I’ll have to reprimand Steven for negligence. These old people deserve more respect. We all failed to see to her needs in this matter.
....Penelope goes with Glenda. They find her alone, talking to the evening air, as if in the presence of dear friends. Glenda is relieved to find Rebeca is not suffering and hopes this will diminish her own discipline for absentmindedness. Penelope’s stern expression does not reflect leniency, however substantial softening replaces her displeasure as she speaks to Rebeca.
....“Time to say goodnight to your friends now Rebeca, we have your favorite dinner waiting and soon after, bedtime will be upon us.”
....Rebeca smiles at Penelope and Glenda, as she waves goodbye to the angels and long gone loved ones. She is aware the caretakers can’t see them. This is not the only occasion when Rebeca noticed the staff forgot about her. She doesn’t hold ill feelings toward them, knowing her time is her own as are her thoughts and memories. Rebeca is at peace within her ruins of age, knowing that soon she will move on to be with those she misses so dearly.

THE END
Valormore DE Plume
©1292016




Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

Observations indicate each new generation, collectively, have lost more respect for their elders. read more
Sneh

5 Years Ago

Thank to you too for giving a great chance to enjoy such instance. I enjoyed, really. And no apology.. read more
VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

You are appreciated.



Reviews

i disagree.
life is like a cup of tea.
last sip is the sweetest.
but never mind, opinions can be different.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

I don't know what I wrote is right or not but yes that's result of what I observed ,few.... Some mig.. read more
Hi! You've asked to be my friend but not said why. Was it one of my poems which prompted your request?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Yes, I read one or two and I sort of found good and mature writes. :)
I am no spring chicken, however I certainly don't feel life has passed me by. I am living it and it is rich and varied. Some days I feel very young, others as old as the hills. Old age is relative in my opinion, but then I am not lonely, far from it. Loneliness would have a huge bearing on how you feel about life in your latter years. Your lines really got me thinking.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

May you live all your life feeling young and bright ahead!!
Heartfelt thanks to you Chris! :.. read more
Old is relative.. I have a few old relatives.. I am considered old by my very young nephews and nieces.. some days I feel old, other days I feel very old, but some days, I feel quite young... much of it is in ya head... its both an age and a mind thing... cheers Sneh my fine young friend.. an enjoyable read, indeed..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

So true! Thanks a lot for enjoying my words and giving wonderful feedback! Smiles thine way... :))
Neville

5 Years Ago

my pleasure, smile received and tucked away for another rainy day..
True. Old age is the age of wisdom but its also the age of physical weakness, negligence from the family...

but loved ones are always there..i always remember Up - the movie...the sweet gesture of old age

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Hm exactly.
Thanks gaurav for understanding my words :)
and there friends are the pictures on the wall

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Hmm sadly, another aspect of it. Thanks for the read :)
 wordman

5 Years Ago

you`re welcome
Sadly if everyone realized old age will get us all, we would be a lot more peaceful and look around us a bit more and see what's real and what's not. Love that poem, very thought provoking.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Glad you liked it, Thanks dear Peter for such inspiring words :D
We all need to remember we too shall reach this age and do unto others as you would have done unto you- having got so far is a life full of wonderful experience- learning, growth, losing, winning but hopefully never giving up- and to have people and family who care for you and don’t leave you alone and rejected is a blessing at this time- we need to appreciate the elderly people - one day it will be us- great words🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Indeed, life is a combination of all those above.Thanks a ton for the visit dear Kelly!! :D
S.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Pleasure- 🌹
Growing older can be unkind. But sometimes comes also wisdom, doing what you want without a care in the world, and being with people you love

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Thanks Lyn for the read as well as review :D
We have no living family - Only a nasty BIL and he is far away in another country (NZ)
Only complaint is people who say 'you cant do that at your age' when I ask why they never have a reply
Go for three months holiday - no one goes for three months
We do we go camping - Three months for less than a two weeks cruise

The only suffering she has a disabled Blue Badge and an electric scooter to wixx around on; I have to trot to keep up on the level
Just done a course Money Management - The tutors couldn't do the sums to calculate interest - Fiction Writing was good Writers Café is better
Now writing a novel 'Harry Worth wartime childhood' - re writing first paragraph (in process)


What you wrote is what most people expect old age to be - We retired in 2000

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sneh

5 Years Ago

Thanks wild rose for putting your perspective on my work. Lovely and inducing thoughts, appreciated!.. read more
Wild Rose

5 Years Ago

We planned for retirement: A camper and travel
Up graded our tent to a caravan > now a campe.. read more
Sneh

5 Years Ago

That's great,I wish you Happy journey ahead ! :))
Yes, expectations, not certain though. (hug.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2018
Last Updated on July 18, 2018

Author

Sneh
Sneh

India



About
Hey, I am Sneha. Fonder of imaginations and poetries. Often times I fail to convey my actual feelings ,so I preferred this. Thanks for the visit!! 🌹 more..

Writing
ART, THAT NIGHT ART, THAT NIGHT

A Poem by Sneh



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..