Daddy

Daddy

A Poem by So Sick of Love
"

not good just vented out my anger

"

Daddy

Why did you leave?

Did you not care about me?

Or want me?

Was I a disgrace?

Did I mean nothing to you?

Do you ever think of me?

Or even remember me?

Do you wish you stayed?

Or wished you visited?

Daddy

Why did you leave?

© 2011 So Sick of Love


Author's Note

So Sick of Love
honest thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah Daddy, why?
Why'd you leave this totally awesome writing chick?
Do you NOT know a good thing when you see one?
Dumbass.
Tay, he loves you. He just can't believe the fact that he made you.
I loved this poem. I could practically hear the anger in these sad words.
10 Stars! ^_^ * * * * * * * * * *

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is unfortunate that many fathers are not.
I am sure that your entrance into this world caught him by surprise, and he may have even given the responsibility a good go.
But often I've noticed there is not even that.

As this poem is an articulation of the author's thoughts, I would only say that whether he was here, or whether you had to go through life without the guidance that the name 'father' implies, or anything in between, is ultimately of no significance.
A person of the caliber that can articulate inner thoughts and share them with others, and one who can Feel the abscence, even when it seems he could or would not,
is not well occupied by allowing the anguish of the situation to occupy time and space within your sphere of influence.
This is a messed up world, and you got screwed.
But you have those experiences to articulate a world of hurt real and imagined, that sallytwoparents and there frickin dog fluffy will read, and go...
Holy S**t!
Turn your Tragedy into something Positive.
Finally,
I am in no means saying that it is not good to vent through the pen ...you know like those crazy painters who just throw paint everywhere and then go...
well. Art. ..and I feel better.


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the mixture of emotions that goes between confusion, sadness, and even anger. I can relate to this on some kind of level because my dad left me through alcoholism, and I was left leaving with a complete dumbass who looked like him... but that's my life. Things are always hard and we have questions that will never be answered. But keep the hope, keep an open mind and hope that it was something else.... something reasonable such as he was a drug addict and didn't want his daughter seeing him like this, or he was financially screwed... to questions that don't have answers... come up with one that feels right, makes him to be a good guy and not a bad one... never know, maybe he's a good guy maybe not.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a sad little poem with a lot of emotion. I'm not generally good with poetry reviews, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. There is one gramatical error, "was I disgrace" should be "was I a disgrace" gramatically, although I know some people use errors as part of the 'feel of the poem' so if thats your intention ignore that.
I think this is a poem that many people can relate to, as it brings them back to being a young child, who's parent just left. The childish style works well to that effect. Overall its a strong peice, showing that you don't need length to give emotion, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, this was very symbolic as it was short, when it was read from reader's perspective the essence of "Daddy's left" might alter in meaning as one might wonder whether the father leave because of divorce or death or something else, either was it can't be a good thing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


this poem reminds me about how I feel every time my dad leaves the house after he fights with my mom he usually leaves for a day and sleeps in a motel, but he always comes back because he misses me, my sister and brother. In your case though it depends on the age at which your dad leaves you, if it's before your born, it means their just scared and kind of an a*****e. If it's when your just a baby he really is a f*****g d****e, if it's when your a teenager it feels like it's all your fault.

Posted 13 Years Ago


my honest thoughts? i can really relate to this. although i don't think it was his fault...
anyway back to your writing, i think you express the emotions of never knowing brilliantly. i feel like this is a question that kids ask all too often. Nicely done. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this poem, my life is like that:( daddys make the worst mistakes ever:(

Posted 13 Years Ago


Surely they can't know the damage they do. An honest and open, heartfelt write. Strong piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really sad. is it something personal or just thoughts that came to you?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

961 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on January 18, 2011

Author

So Sick of Love
So Sick of Love

why would i tell you, NC



About
love me or hate me either way you know my name Hey I'm Taylor! I'm a girl. I'm new at writing. I hope for this site will give me a place to express myself and my ideas! I hope that if you read my w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ode To A Writer Ode To A Writer

A Poem by OT


Sex Sex

A Poem by sarah


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan