Winter Birds Stay Still

Winter Birds Stay Still

A Story by John Dennis Gillespie
"

A creative essay to inspire you to strive for excellence in difficult times.

"

Winter birds stay still.  There’s no need to soar away from these circumstances because in given time they’ll change.  In given time, life will be clear and the sun will return.  The solution to our distress isn’t in an escape; it is in an encounter.  To often we flee from the cataclysm when the cataclysm is set to strengthen our wings.  Winter birds stay still and reach for the sun because it will come sooner than your minds can imagine.  

           How weak is our ability to imagine! How weak is our ability to maintain and grow the strength in our wings! So we fly frail and die frail.  The winds pick up and the snow reminds us of misfortune and loneliness.  The dead leaves fall to the floor and hold hands with the coldest flakes the winter can bring.  The world turns slowly and everything seems to be walking to the shallow valley of death.  However, if you look closely to the edge of the ocean, the sun is peaking over the horizon reminding the world of a brighter possibility.  The possibility of survival in the bitter disarray of our world.  The weak bird flies south; the winter bird stays still and grows like a titan in the midst of this snowy, storming life. 

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013
Tags: Symbolism, Winter Birds, Essay, Creativity, Art