Learned in High School

Learned in High School

A Story by John Dennis Gillespie
"

This is a writing I wrote during a realization while still in high school.

"
I learned that days are going to fade away and most of our days are pointless. We attach meaning to life because we adore labels. But, nearly everything is pointless.  I learned that smiles come and go faster than friendships, relationships, and family; so I wouldn’t advise anyone to put trust in a smile.  Smiles are tainted.  I learned that weed can bring a person happiness and remove a person’s priorities. My friends have left me in cities, thunderstorms, and alone because of weed. But, I don’t even blame them for not allowing anything to stop them from their pursuit of happiness.  I learned that being drunk makes you realize how much you hate who you are because the persona you become is so much more appealing.  The persona is confident, witty, funny, angry, and strong.  The contrast grabs your attention and that is the only reason why I would want more.  I learned that you should have that right to die because time is filled with heart break and wonder.  If you don’t want this anymore, your pursuit of happiness could be the grave.  Your time shouldn’t exist unless you insist on it doing so.  I have so much built up anger inside of me. 

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on July 6, 2013
Last Updated on July 6, 2013
Tags: Learning, Observation, Short, Essay, Memoir