Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Candice Reed

-Prologue-

 

She woke  from her dream with the words still ringing in her ears.

“All for one. And one for all.”

She tried to push back the feeling of nausea that had accompanied the panic and fear of her dreams.

 “All for one. And one for all.”

She couldn’t help but feel that something was terribly wrong. Friar John knocked at the door as the words repeated in her mind.

“All for one. And one for all.”

“My dear child, are you alright?” Friar John asked as he opened the door. “I heard you moaning and thought you in distress.”

“I am fine Friar, ‘twas not but a foul dream.” The young girl replied.

“Would you like to tell me of it Shalean?” John asked the young child.

“Nay Friar. It was nothing of importance. ‘Twas a dream after all.” Shalean answered. “I only wish to return to my sleep.” She added.

“Very well, my child. Sleep well, and God bless.” He added as he shut the door quietly behind him, as if not to disturb the already sleeping child within.

It would be best to tell her the news in the morning, he thought, after she had her rest. Probably after they broke their fast. For God only knew what would happen when he told her. He thought it best to let the child of seven rest. He thought that she should have just one more night of peaceful dreams.

He would tell her tomorrow, and hopefully she would be able to understand.

 



© 2016 Candice Reed


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on December 15, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016