The Book Decides

The Book Decides

A Chapter by Soulchild

He looked at the bookshelf in order to let the book choose him. “People often think that they choose a book, but in reality books choose you.”

“When our thoughts are scattered the universe always shows us which the right way is.” It made him think “Why he bought these books, half he hadn't even read, he just bought them because something urged him to.

“People tend to fight this feeling and it makes them miserable, it's like trying to fight the current of a flowing river and swim upstream; yes you can do it, but it will be tiring and in the end you will be disappointed, because you feel you are basically not moving anywhere. All that energy invested and outcome is miniscule, all this does is cause frustration and self doubt.

They try to fill their time with so many things in order that they don't have to think about what the universe truly wants from them.”

“They make time their slave master” he thought.

He was once one of those people. But now he has taken the first step. The rest will be shown to him in time he just has to pay attention and follow the omens presented before him.

He picked up his book and went back to the sofa, there he started to read. 30 pages into the book and his eyes began to get heavy; he decided it was time for bed.

He placed the book on the table, took his cup to the kitchen and washed it, placed it beside all the other mugs in the cupboard.

He walked to the computer looked on Facebook one more time, looked on her profile and said “goodnight” in hope that she could hear those words he muttered. Shut it down and went to bed.

“What an eventful day.” he thought to himself he received his first omen and it has opened his eyes and made him think more clearly about everything.

But not only about sad times, but it's given me a new inspiration. I am ready to follow my dreams.” He muttered to himself and fell asleep. “Goodnight and God bless” he said.



© 2011 Soulchild


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one better than the last one, it has just the right balance between insight and events. off to read more :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 5, 2011


Author

Soulchild
Soulchild

Drammen, Viken, Norway



About
Authors are supposed to be anonymous more..

Writing
Dedications Dedications

A Chapter by Soulchild


Writers note Writers note

A Chapter by Soulchild


My heart My heart

A Chapter by Soulchild