A Simile of Love

A Simile of Love

A Story by Fréyjä Helvití
"

Inspired by one of Poe's short stories, this just came out of nowhere. It is a brief description of my perceptions of love.

"

          Sentiments that is as profound as poetry, whimsical as allegories that had rot in ages and ages of scrolls " that as hoarded in massive morbid libraries consumed in antiquity, inexplicable by nature, yet pernicious and wicked as curses. For to merely put to writing impassioned descriptions of what lies within the sepulchral convents of my heart, is as if the most disturbed and loneliest sculpture had sculpted the most impeccably realistic creation the world has ever seen, perfect in every touch and detail, yet lifeless and frigid. Would those three words suffice this ardent passion that blazes, whose smoke that chokes the breather, and the scent of coals and putrid fear that devours the atmosphere, then I dare not declare unless it is meant. Pain is a consequence of love, and none that has loved has never endured the piercing taste of, as we all realize as pain. We cower in our fragile dungeons only to fear the consequences of love. Ah love! To declare it over and over we feel unwearied of its burden.

© 2013 Fréyjä Helvití


Author's Note

Fréyjä Helvití
Feel free to critic...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is perfectly written and perfectly said..I love it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fréyjä Helvití

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. This is one of my fave written works. :)
A very interesting take on the concept of love. Although I don't necessarily agree with the descriptions it is well thought out and worded nicely :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

Thank you...
True... Love can be a burden....but burdens are easily carried when "in love". You would be amazed at what love does to a person..it changes you to the core, it will give you the courage to fight, and the pain is all the more worth it, dear one. :)

This was a fabulous piece!..I absorbed your perception of love, and it was truly a passionate pain worth reading!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

thank you dear. It's not many who would appreciate this... :)
I like the fragile dungeon. Normally you view dungeons as these deep strong fortesses built so solidly, and it made me think about how tough a front people may put up but once yougetinside it and get to know them, you find out why they are putting up those walls. That's what it made me think of at least.

Posted 11 Years Ago


hmm,very unique it's rather short and to the point

Posted 11 Years Ago


this would probably be something a mature person would read i cant exactly say adults because some are worse about reading only amusing stuuf than us kids but i think a variety of differnt kinds of ppl wou;d enjoy this but id like to read something fun and spontanious from you see how you do at that

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

I don't think that this style of writing is open for adults. I know a few younger kids who appreciat.. read more
Mazie Tackett

11 Years Ago

I wasn't saying its bad I like it b
Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

thank you... :)
I have to admit I really like this one. I love the dramatic feel of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

Thank you... :)
Love it. I totally agree. Love is like a battle, you will do everything even to risk your own sake if you know it is worth for the glory.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

thank you sis... appreciate it.. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 30, 2013
Tags: Edgar Allan Poe, Love

Author

Fréyjä Helvití
Fréyjä Helvití

Rivendell, Middle Earth, Philippines



About
Is suffering from writer's block ______________________________________________ more..

Writing