Lost Flower - Chapter One

Lost Flower - Chapter One

A Chapter by SparkleDora
"

Jamie and his twin sister are in a mental hospital...

"
Warning: This book contains swear words, incest, rape and other similar stuff you may not want to read about. But it's not as bad as it sounds. And it's not all in this one chapter.

"Kill it! Quickly!", my younger-by-a-few-minutes twin sister yells at the top of her lungs, nearly jumping on the bed.
"Don't worry.", I reassure her and stare at the white wall, looking for a horrible 8-legged monster. I finally spot it. The tiny spider was minding his own business, simply observing us and probably secretly smiling at my sister.
"Jamie, don't be a dick and get rid of it!", she yells once more, pushing me to this weird creature.
I roll my eyes at her insult, but a soft smile still appears on my lips. I press my thumb against the spider. He's so tiny that I don't even feel him. Poor little guy. "Is that everything? I have to go now because we both need to get some sleep. We have that big dance thing tomorrow."
"I don't feel like..." she yawns. "...Sleeping. Can you stay? I'm sure miss Elen won't mind. Right, miss Daff?"
A husky and croaky voice suddenly speaks up from the room's door. "Actually, I need to get James to his room and fast."
Mel and I sigh together.
"I'll miss you...", she whispers, gently wrapping her arms around my neck and bringing me into a hug.
I hesitate at first, but hug back after a few seconds.
"Why are we drifting apart?", she asks me, hugging me tighter.
I slowly stroke her back, trying to think of an answer. "Well... I think we're just growing up... And... And soon people won't be able to mistake me for you, or you for me. I mean look..." I take her hand and place it on mine. "Mine are slightly bigger... Soon you won't be as flat as a board and I... Well, to get to the point..."
"I'll gladly stay flat... I don't want to lose you too. Mom is gone, dad is gone... You're all I have left..."
"I know but... We're becoming two different people. We might never be Mel and Jamie again. But simply James and simply Melissa. Because we're getting the need to be ourselves, and not depend on the other one..."

Because I'm too scared to be around you.

Because I'm worried I might try something that might make you hate me.

Because I enjoy stroking your back way too much.

Of coarse, I keep that a secret. "I-i should get going...", I whisper, parting from her.
"Wait! Uhm... I can't sleep without you."
Elen Daff jumps in once more. "Look guys. You know I'm nice to you, but Jamie, it's bed time."
"Can't I-"
"No. I'm sorry, now let's go." She grabs my hand and starts to pull me away from Mel. Why am I way too weak to pull my hand back? It feels like I'm under a spell... A spell that makes me go slower, feel weaker, want to sleep...
"I'll scream!", I yell, trying to fight back.
"Where do you find all this energy from? You took
today's medicine, right?"
"It's not like I have a choice."
She stops, and we slowly walk back to Mel's room, realizing she didn't close the window.
Ah those windows... They allowed us to see the outside world... But we could never open them. Only the cleaning ladies and volunteers could do it.
We walk inside, Elen holding my hand. She lets go and goes to do her job as a volunteer.
I look at Mel. She's already asleep... Like she's also under a spell.
Not aware of what I'm doing, I slowly start to lean over her. 'Stop!', I hear a voice yelling. I look around myself, but, other than Elen, nobody is here. Then again, the voices didn't need a body, did they?
I ignored them most of the time... Because that's all that they were - just voices.
'Go on, she was begging for it', I hear another one.
"Shut up...", I whisper, causing Elen to turn around.
She gasps and pulls me away from my sister. "James, no.", she firmly says, pointing her finger at my nose. She slightly pokes it, which causes me to giggle.
And then I yawn.
"You sleepy?", she asks me. I give her a slight nod and yawn again. "Finally. We'll get to your room in a second."
She closes the window and takes my hand, leading me through the halls, away from the female sector and away from Mel's room.
"I'm too tired, carry me...", I say trying hard not to fall.
"You're 14. I couldn't possibly pick you up. Now, come on buddy, we're almost there."
Yawn...
Just a few more steps...
Yawn...
Just a few more...
Yawn...
Steps...
Yawn...
Just a fe... "Goodnight...", I say before falling down on the floor, asleep.


© 2013 SparkleDora


Author's Note

SparkleDora
ignore grammar problems and please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on January 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: mental, mental hospital, hospital, medicine, schizophrenia, incest, twincest


Author

SparkleDora
SparkleDora

Belgrade, Serbia



About
...Hi there. I'm SparkleDora, but you may call me Dora or Sparks. (Real name Teodora Mijatović, but let's just stick with the nicknames, ok?) I'm a 14 year old girl from Serbia that enjoys writi.. more..

Writing