Rick The Squirrel

Rick The Squirrel

A Story by SpeedOfTaste

Driving home from the coffee shop my neighbor, Rick,  ran into the middle of the street then ran back into the bushes. It caused me to slam on the brakes. My car skidded and my coffee spilled over my dashboard. 

Last week my family was having a BBQ in the backward. I went inside to fetch a beer. As I was walking to the backyard I heard my family screaming and saw my neighbor running off to the bushes with the bowl of pretzels. 

The next day I went over to Rick's house to have a chat. To my luck he was on his front porch. As I approached him he moved to the other side of the house. That seemed a bit strange but as I walked towards him again he scurried to the next side of the house and would peek around. I was so perplexed I gave up this little game and went home to fetch a beer. 

The next day I woke to rescue sirens. The police tape kept me far back. The rescue worker told me somebody ran into the street. The car was not able to stop in time. I went home to fetch a beer.

© 2012 SpeedOfTaste


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A little confusing; has kind of a surrealistic feeling to it. More here than I can see, probably. You wrote "The Gay Vampire" and "The Sad Cow", so I know you're a good writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What??? *laugh* I don't even know where to begin with this one, so I'm just going to smile and nod politely and go in to fetch a beer.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 12, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012