Glue Free

Glue Free

A Story by SpeedOfTaste

Everyone is free of something these days. Free of meat, dairy, fish, peanuts, beef hormones, bis phenol and other substances. As a full time omnivore I felt that I should give something up. Kind of like Lent but full time. Lent for those unfamiliar is a Religious holiday where you give something up for a ridiculous amount of time. You usually give up something you don't actually like so as not to be a burden on you. One Lent I gave up scrap bookIng.

On a walk through the park last weekend I came across a women distraught, laying on the ground and not speaking coherently. I asked her what was wrong and she responded,"I...am glue...eh...eh...ten...eh...intolerant." She then decided to stop moving and took a nap so I wished her my best regards.

After seeing the effects of glue on a person this would be my sacrifice. I will become glue free. 

It will not be an easy path. My child enjoys a Popsicle house making contest each year at school which involves Elmer's glue. It will be hard to explain to him why I won't attend. But my selflessness will save the lives of many horses that won't be sent to the glue factory. As they say, most things worth doing are not easy. 

© 2012 SpeedOfTaste


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an unusual piece, but a wonderful piece! The subject matter is something that I have never read about before. Also, nicely phrased and to-the-point without being too abrubt. A Very enjoyable read :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


SpeedOfTaste

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012