Signs of the Times

Signs of the Times

A Poem by Susan
"

just describing the scene.

"

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

 

Lines of people wind thru zigzag barriers in unemployment offices. Their numbers growing daily, while the number of state workers decline.

Abandoned buildings and homes on once busy streets with For Sale or For Lease signs out front.

Housing foreclosures the highest it’s been in years, with no end in sight.

Consumers tightening their wallets, causing retail sales to plummet in a downward spiral.

Companies stalling on paying their employees and bills, trying not to layoff.

Banks holding back on loans, afraid of not being paid back.

Autos being repossessed by banks and finance companies, being sold at auctions.

Shelters more crowded, as families lose their homes and belongings, with donations down.

The president promising stimulus money to everyone, yet little get any.

Moods down all over the country.

As everyday people struggle to survive.

 

 

The end?

Sue Therese Boone

12/17/09

 

© 2010 Susan


Author's Note

Susan
just describing the scene of the country.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2010

Author

Susan
Susan

Albuquerque, NM



About
What to say about myself. yikes. this is like going on an interview, as they ask you to tell them about yourself. So, here it goes... I am what i am, a work in progress and i have all eternity to d.. more..

Writing
Colorado trip Colorado trip

A Poem by Susan