Colorado trip

Colorado trip

A Poem by Susan
"

just describing my vacation trip thru colorado earlier in december, freezing my a*s off.

"

Colorado

 

Frozen rushing waters winding their way thru the white state.

White capped rugged peaks dot the frozen landscape.

Frigid temperatures having people all bundled up.

Causing them to skid sideways on sidewalks and doing 360 in their vehicles on black ice.

Cold blasting winds sweep across the snowy lands, making for white outs on roads.

Driving 13 -15 hours a day, in crazy conditions, trying to stay warm. BRR.

With little sleep or making pit stops for food, gas, showers and bathrooms.

Driving all over the state, picking and delivering vehicles.

Spotting natures creatures, large and small.

IN cramped truck quarters of his, with her belongings stuck in the corner.

No privacy for getting dressed.

Getting on each other’s nerves, snapping at the other.

Getting fed up with broken promises of getting better tomorrow.

Realizing and acknowledging that she didn’t belong on the road.

Being a trucker’s girlfriend, staying at home.

With him always in a rush to be someone, on a tight deadline.

The week draws on, never seeming to end, when Friday shows up on the horizon.

Packing up and gathering all my things.

Him picking up another load, south bound.

And heading for their destinations, in our own vehicles.

Finally.

Home. Shower!

 

The end.

Sue Therese Boone, 12/10/09

 

© 2010 Susan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I sense there were a lot of emotions and frustrations churning in this write as well as on the trip. Sometimes we tend to see other people's jobs as exciting, desirous, etc. until we experience the grueling reality of it. It seems this trip was a learning experience for you. You learned perhaps what you do NOT was to do on your next vacation. Thanks for sharing this open, honest, look into the 'joys of trucking'.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sounds like a difficult kind of life (on the road). I wouldn't last too long.
Especially in winter!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2010

Author

Susan
Susan

Albuquerque, NM



About
What to say about myself. yikes. this is like going on an interview, as they ask you to tell them about yourself. So, here it goes... I am what i am, a work in progress and i have all eternity to d.. more..

Writing