City of Life

City of Life

A Chapter by Stephanie Crowe
"

"Life is just 'lie' with an 'F' "

"
   Dying...I must be dying...Asher tried to scream but only a hoarse gasping sound escaped. His eyes flew open, but he still couldn't see. Oh god...don't tell me I'm blind! He was free-falling. His arms reached out, but were only greeted by emptiness. Asher twisted in mid air so that his back was facing the ground...if there WAS any ground. He had been falling for what seemed like an eternity.
   He closed his eyes again, stopped struggling and curled into a ball, still falling. He felt it only a few seconds later. He hit the ground with a sickening crack, and he felt his shoulders burning where his wings had been ripped off. He only had enough time to hear the startled scream of people around him before he blacked out.
***
   Asher awoke as something cold touched his back. He felt the intense pain again and moaned in agony. His eyes fluttered open to see a girl leaning over him. She had laid him down on a cold stone table, and Asher could just make out the eyes of a few others in the dark room. "It's alright, he's awake." she said over her shoulder.
   "What's going on?" his voice cracked as he spoke, and Asher could feel that his mouth was dry. The girl's long purple hair flopped back over her shoulders as her head whipped back towards him. "Don't talk, you just fell from Heaven." she said frankly. Asher coughed in his attempt to scream "no" and rolled over as blood trickled down his chest.
   "Please...no...it's a dream..." he coughed. The girl shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry, but it's real." A dark figure stepped into the room. "Or is it? What is and isn't real anymore? Nobody knows." said a male's voice. The figure walked over into the light and pushed the girl out of the way. "Move, Bellcie." he hissed. Asher looked up, he could sense the violence in this man's heart, but he was far to weak to fight. He just shook his head and coughed up more blood. "Where am I then? Am I in Hell?" he choked.
    The man laughed mockingly. "Yes, no, and maybe. You are in the Nightmare Realm...The City of Life." He spat into the ground. "But remember...Life is just 'lie' with an 'F' "
   Bellcie cut between them. "That's quite enough Kal." she said angrily. "Sleep, Asher. It'll be alright." Kal laughed again. "It'll never be alright! Nothing is alright!" he yelled. The others in the room pulled him away. Asher gave up on trying to speak. He rolled over onto his side so that the table would stop pressing against his wounds. Bellcie returned the table. "Don't listen to Kal. He's a Fallen Angel too. But he's bitter. Don't EVER become that way Asher. In the Nightmare Realm everything is the way you assume it is. You have to keep positive...or you become one of them."


© 2010 Stephanie Crowe


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good so far. Keep on writing. I really do like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010


Author

Stephanie Crowe
Stephanie Crowe

The World Beyond, MA



Writing
Stolen Stolen

A Story by Stephanie Crowe