Chapter 2-Jennifer

Chapter 2-Jennifer

A Chapter by Stephanie Crowe
"

Chapter 2

"
   Asher barely heard what Bellcie said. No...How could I have fallen? I've done nothing wrong... The thoughts just kept shoving into his mind, smothering him. Asher closed his eyes, shutting out the world. "Wait." he said, forcing himself to sit up straight. "Who's that?" he asked, nodding towards the doorway. Bellcie gave him a worried look. "There's nobody there, Asher." she said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Lay back down." Asher winced from the pain as he swung his legs over the side of the table and put his feet on the ground. He noticed his pants were torn up the leg about halfway, and he was barefoot.
   "Asher! Lay down!" Bellcie growled, trying to push him back down. Asher refused. "Who are you?"  he asked, shielding his eyes from the sudden blinding light. "Bellcie, who is she?" Asher asked again. He forced himself to stand up, still holding on to the table. "Asher. It's an illusion." Bellcie forced herself to stay calm as she spoke, knowing that in the Nightmare Realm, believing what you saw was dangerous. Asher stumbled forward, dazed. "Then how do I knwo YOU aren't an illusion?" Asher snapped, not looking back.
   Burning hot light struck him and he fell backwards, yelping as his injured shoulders slammed into the ground. "Damn it!" Bellcie growled, reaching out towards Asher. Asher was lying on the floor between figure in the door way and Bellcie, each holding out a hand. He looked at the figure. He saw bright white teeth, rows of sharp fangs...grinning. Then he saw Bellcie, the face he had seen when he woke up. Kind. Not grinning with rowes of deadly fangs....
   Asher reached out towards the figure.


© 2010 Stephanie Crowe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010


Author

Stephanie Crowe
Stephanie Crowe

The World Beyond, MA



Writing
Stolen Stolen

A Story by Stephanie Crowe