Chapter 3-Jonathan

Chapter 3-Jonathan

A Chapter by Ellay

Oh hell no!

I can’t believe that Ashley is making me go to this stupid camp. And my parents agreed with her! They said that it would be good to spend some time away from home and with my friends. The nerve of some people.

At least Daniel’s going. I think. Thats what Ashley told me. I shot him a quick text, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Which isn't like him, ‘cause he’s usually always on his phone. Phone zombie through and through.  

I looked at this camp, and while it looks pretty cool, it still seems pretty...creepy. The site in it of itself if eerie, but it’s hard to explain. It’s like you know you’re looking at something bad, like porn, but you do it anyway. Not to mention that their buildings are so old, they look like they’ll fall apart any second.
I checked my phone again, but Dan still hadn’t texted back. Weird. He must be doing something super important.

I lay down on my bed, thinking about this ridiculous camp. Ashley may be my friend, but I’m furious of her for making me do this. I’m not even that into fairy tales, I only joined their club because Dan was in it. But something good did come out of it. I met Ashley in the club. She caught my attention with her curly, long red hair. She eventually straightened her hair, but it was still really beautiful. And NO we’re not dating. Just because we give each other compliments and hang out doesn't mean we’re dating. Danny and Anna hang out all day, and no one thinks they’re dating!

My phone beeped. Finally, he texted back. Its about time! Yeah, I’m goin. But right now I need ur help. Help? He’s never asked me for help. This must be why he took so long to text back.

What u need? This time, he texted back immediately.

Meet me at McD. Umm...okay then? This is sooo unlike him.

I drove there as soon as I could, since this seemed like an emergency. He wasn't there, so I bought a Big Mac and went to sit down at a booth. I was halfway through the deliciousness that is a Big Mac when Daniel walked in.

As soon as he saw me, he rushed over and sat down across from me. “I Charlie here yet?”

“No, I didn't even know he was coming? What’s the problem, anyway?” Dan put his head in his hands and sighed.  

“Man, where do I even start?” How bout from the beginning? That’s where you, you know, usually start from when telling a story. I swear if he starts from the middle, I will beat him down with that Ronald McDonald cardboard cutout. “Well...I did something stupid.”

“So nothing out of the ordinary?” He reached across the table and smacked my arm.

At that moment, Charlie walked in, wearing his usual smug grin, like he just did something wrong or something. He sat next to Dan, but not before snagging the rest of my Big Mac.

“Hey!” I said, about ready to attack this fool. Nobody touches my Big Mac and walks away alive.

He shrugged. “Hey, a growing boy needs his food.” Okay, I’ll give him that. This is probably the first thing he’s eaten in a while, what with having to feed his little sister and mother. His father left them when he was young, so he’s been the man of the family. He had to beg for a job at a chinese take out place when he was 10. We try and help him sometimes, but it’s not enough to help him and his family. But even with his financial issue, he is the friendliest person you could meet. “So, what's going on? What’d I miss?”

“Well, nothing yet. I was just about to get to the heart of the matter.

” Danny paused before continuing, probably bracing himself for what he was about to say. “Huh….I kissed Anna.” YOU WHAT?! Oh man, Ashely won’t believe this.

“And? Was it as magical as you pictured?” Charlie asked him. We both leaned forward, waiting for the answer. We knew it would probably happen soon, Dan had told us about his crush last year. He’d been waiting to make his move, and I guess he finally did it. But he didn't look to happy, so I guess sparks didn't fly.

His cheeks turned red. “Uh, yeah actually. It was great. But that I made a really bad move. Like a totally jackass move.” Oh God, what did he do? Did he sneeze in her mouth? Oh man, I can’t help you there. “I...might have run away after I kissed her.” Dude, I’m seriously considering slapping you. Apparently you know nothing about women! You don’t just run away from them!

Charlie smacked his shoulder. I would’ve smacked his face, but whatever. “

How stupid are you! By running away, you’ve basically just told her that you aren’t interested in her! And God knows that you’re gaga over her, no matter what you tell yourself!”

Dan rolled his eyes. “I’m not gaga over her. A mild crush, maybe, but I’m not a yandere towards her. And besides, high school relationships rarely work out. And since we’re seniors now, we only have one year together to form a relationship. And I already know that she’s attending a different college than me. She’s pursuing a career in teaching, while I want to become an author.” Just to clarify, a yandere is someone who obsesses over their crush, like, they might kill people just to get to them. And Dan wanting to be an author? When did this happen? What happened to being a pro basketball player with me!

“So what?” Charlie said, finishing off the Big Mac, “That’s why there’s technology! Use video chat, text each other, c’mon dude! Don’t give up on your lady! She obviously likes you too!”

“Yeah, I know. I accidently overheard her speaking with her sister, Alana, and she mentioned something about Anna having a crush on me. That’s kinda what motivated me to make my move.”

My phone buzzed. I reached into my pocket and pulled it out. It was Ashley. I’m gonna kill Danny! Oh no, what did he do this time? I swear, Dan, you just cannot catch a break today!   

What happened? I responded.

“Who was it?” Charlie asked.

“Ashley. Said something about wanting to murder you.” I said, pointing to Dan.

“What did I do?!” he asked.

“I dunno.” As soon as my phone buzzed, I saw that Ashley had said I’m sitting here with Ann, and Dan said to her tht he regrets kissing her! “Dude, I’m with Ashley. You’re a total d**k.”

“WHY?” Dan said loudly. Everyone in McDonalds stared at us, and Dan practically shrunk in his seat.

“Why did you think it was okay to tell Anna that you regretted kissing her! That’s like basically saying that you didn't like it and you were sorry you did it!”

“Well how was I supposed to know that! I can’t read minds!” Yeah, ‘cause you can barely use your own! “Tell Ashley that I’m sorry. It won’t do much, but it might save me a beating.” Yeah, that won’t save you a beating, but I’ll send it anyway. He says he’s sorry, if that gets him any points. She texted back immediately No! He better get his butt over to his house. U come too!. Why do I have to come? This is his problem! I told Danny what she texted.

“Huh, I guess I do kinda owe her an apology,” Kinda? You do owe her one! “I’ll drive you over, Jon.”

We bid Charlie farewell, and drove in Dan’s mom’s minivan to Anna’s house. I’d never been there, so I guess that’s why Dan volunteered to take me. I asked Charlie to take my car home, since he lives down the street from me in an apartment complex.

We parked in front of her house, and made our way inside. We barely took two steps before Ashley came out and crossed her arms. 

“About time you two showed up. Now you,” she said, pointing at Dan, “Talk to Anna, or else!” Oh God, when she says or else, she means or else. Dan held his hands up in defeat and went to Anna’s room. “And you, come with me.” she said to me as she made her way towards the kitchen. She sat down in one of the chairs, and I did the same. She looked like she wanted to say something, but instead took a cookie from a plate in the middle of the table.

 “So…” I said, trying to break the silence.

“Yeah….you excited for the camp! I’ve already started packing!” Of course you have. Why wouldn’t you.

“It sounds like it could be fun. As long as Dan’s going, I’ll go.” Because I do not want to be with these two nut job gals without someone to keep a leash on at least one of them. One of them is fine, but put them together and it’s a horrible experience. It’s hard to explain, you have to be there in person to witness the horror!

“Oh, he’ll go. Even if I have to drag him by his feet!” she said, grabbing another cookie. We lapsed into more awkward silence. Even though I knew she wanted to say something, the words apparently wouldn’t come to her. She’s usually not like this, either. She is one to speak her mind, even when it might not be an appropriate to do so.

Anna and Dan walked into the kitchen, their cheeks bright red. Even more, they were holding hands. They were trying to hide their joined hands behind their backs, but it was painfully obvious. They quickly let go of their hands and sat down at the table. We all sat there for a few minutes, in awkward silence. That is, until my phone rang. I excused myself and went into the bathroom to take the call.

“Hello?” I said.

“Yeah, it’s Charlie. We have an issue.” I swear if he crashed my car I will skin him alive! I really liked me car!

“Huh..what did you do this time?” This isn’t the first time I’ve gotten a call like this from him. First it was “I crashed your car into a pole, “then it was “I lost your baby sister.” What is it now, “I crashed your car into your sister”?!

“You know my girlfriend, right?” Yeah, she’s an annoying twat of a girl. I think her name’s Tammy, and she is such a b***h! I mean, she dresses like a s**t, died her hair bleach-blonde, and treats everyone like they are her subjects and she’s the queen!

“Yes, why?”

“Well, I might’ve told her about the fairy tale camp, and she kinda might want to go. With me. She says that she wants to get to know all my little friends and spend some quality time.” Little friends? We are not little! I happen to be six feet! “But you know my problem, and she does not take no for an answer! She may know that I’m poor as dirt, but that doesn’t stop her from wanting me to spend my entire life savings to go!” Then why the hell are you still with her! Sometimes, I can read this guy like a book, but other times….he’s an enigma.

“So what do you want me to do about it?”

“Look, I know you’re gonna hate me for this, and I know I’ll be in a huge debt to you, but...do you think you’ll be able to pay for me to go? This is the only girl that’s ever loved me, and I don’t want to disappoint her. And I promise, that someday I will pay you back! And you know I keep my promises.” Well, he’s not wrong there. Charlie isn’t a guy to lie or break promises. But this is a big promise. This camp cost almost $800, and that’s without adding plane fare and food. This’ll take him years to pay off!

“Charlie..” I began, but he cut me off.

“Please, dude, I’m begging you! You’re the only person I could go to. With you being, you know, rich and stuff.” Okay, yes, I’m slightly rich. My father may own the largest clothing company in the state...okay, maybe the country. Ever heard of Abercrombie and Fitch? Yeah, my father currently manages most of the stores in America. Everybody, and I mean everybody, at school is always wanting to be my friend or girlfriend because I’m filthy freakin rich. I only have a few real friends, and they’re in the other room and on the phone with me.

I sighed. “Okay, okay. I’ll pay for you, and just know that you can pay me back whenever you can. Don’t feel obligated to pay me as soon as we get back. You need the money way more than I do, trust me.”

“Great! See ya there!” He hung up, and I put my phone back into my pocket. As I made my way back to the kitchen. Before I could even get there, Ashley stopped me.

“You need something?” I asked her. She looked so nervous, I could tell she was probably going to tell me what she was going to before.

“Yes..” she said, before kissing me passionately on the lips. I was so surprised by the kiss that I barely noticed her hands go into...my pants. Holy s**t…

I did the first thing that came to my mind; I kissed her back, just as passionately. I don’t even know if I like her, it’s just...she’s an amazing kisser. I picked her up, whilst kissing her, and carried her to the bathroom. Don’t want Dan or Anna to see this…

Ashley began undoing my belt to my pants as I reached my hands up her shirt. Five seconds before she was able to remove the only barrier between her hands and...down under, I pulled away, realizing what I was doing. I was just about to do it with my best friend!

She gave me a puzzled look. “What’s wrong?”  

“We can’t...I can’t…..” I hastily began as I pulled my pants back up. She tried to stop me, but I wouldn’t let her. “Ash...stop! What are we doing! We’re friends! I…” I wanted to say “I love you”, but the words wouldn’t come. Maybe because I knew if I said them, she would want more. Of me. And I don’t want to ruin what we have.

I could tell that she wanted to cry, but she held it in. “Yeah, I get it. You don’t want to ruin our friendship. I’ll just be going then…”  She quickly kissed me on the cheek and ran out of the bathroom. She must’ve ran out of the house too, because I heard the front door open and close. I leaned my head against the wall, hoping that tomorrow we could just forget this ever happened.

I walked out of the bathroom, and saw Dan and Anna peeking their heads out of the kitchen.

“What was all that about?” Dan asked.

“Spider. She saw a spider, I think,” I said, quickly making the excuse up on the spot. I hate lying to them, but they can’t know what happened.

After grabbing a cookie from the counter, I quickly gave them a farewell, and left. My house was over a mile away, but I could use the time to think about something important.

Do I love Ashley?      

  



  

  




© 2015 Ellay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on July 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay