The dictator.

The dictator.

A Story by Stui

What is an illness really ? 
No, I don't need a definition. 
Your body is at war internally against foreign but sometimes internal material. Your immune system becomes a dictator. It attacks things that may not necessarily cause you harm. Much like a dictator forbids freedom of speech, your body refuses to accept certain substances and as a result it dictates your choices.
You fight for your freedom, trying to reason with this unreasonable force. All this fighting is supposed to make you stronger because it hasn't killed you but more often than not it makes you weaker in certain aspects. It takes a toll on your life, your daily choices. This dictator inside you slowly eats away your happiness. It kills your hope and it affects not only your life but the lives of those around you as well.
It stops you from being you. It stops you from living your dreams, it creates obstacles that become more mental than physical. Your inner glow that was once a bright forest fire dims to a tea light. What the dictator can't control is the revolution that rages within every single day. Some days are more successful than others but no matter how weak you get DO NOT give up. Never stop fighting. There will soon come a day that the revolution will cage the dictator, one way or another. Your glow will guide you through the toughest of times if you believe in yourself. 
The dictator doesn't get to win. I will continue to fight another day, another week, another year. I will fight till I win and reach the land of my dreams.

© 2017 Stui


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on March 31, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017

Author

Stui
Stui

Writing
Failure Failure

A Story by Stui


Black dog Black dog

A Story by Stui


Dreamscape Dreamscape

A Story by Stui