Black dog

Black dog

A Story by Stui

Ever wonder what goes on in the brain of a person with depression ?
What drives them to cut their skin ? How does it feel when the sharp edge of the knife breaches your skin?
Some people are under the impression that you can control your depression by simply 'getting over it.' It isn't that simple, I wish it was. 
It is a proven fact that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain. A depressed brain is clouded. Think of it as a fog that clouds every thought you have, every conversation you have and every decision you make. Another description that I associate with greatly is the black dog comic. (worth checking out)
As someone who has cut herself with a knife, nail clipper and a razor, I can tell you, you will regret this lapse in judgement. Now whether this regret hits you a minute later or a year later, it will. More often than not once the act is complete you soon start to feel the shame. 
Self harm can be release for some people, a way to cope for others or to stop the voices they may hear internally or externally. 
It works for the moment but later the physical scars are just as real as the mental scars. 
Depression is a tough thing to battle and everyone's is different. No two roads look alike. There is no quick fix but slowly and surely you'll get there if you keep at it. Just don't ignore it.

© 2017 Stui


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on April 9, 2017
Last Updated on April 9, 2017

Author

Stui
Stui

Writing
Failure Failure

A Story by Stui


The dictator. The dictator.

A Story by Stui


Dreamscape Dreamscape

A Story by Stui