Day 1 | Each New Day

Day 1 | Each New Day

A Chapter by Summer


What is your daily routine like? 

Each new day is full of surprises.  Some are good, like when you wake up to the delicious smells of breakfast and realize your mom has cooked for you.  On the other hand, some surprises can be bad.  Maybe you have woken up a tad late for school and had to rush through your morning routine to make it on time.  Then, on top of being rushed and stressed, your teachers might have loaded you down with hours of homework that you have to finish before sports practice later.

            If you’re like me, when you get some extra time in the midst of your busy day, you might check the surf report for your favorite beaches and see if they will be pumping for the weekend.  I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking forward to a great surf session at the end of the week!

            It’s a fact that our lives can get pretty busy.  There are clubs, projects, assignments, practices, and music lessons that can quickly fill up our schedule.  These extracurricular activities aren’t bad or wrong in any way, but they can keep us from doing what we should"spending time with God.

            Ask yourself this: “How much time do I spend with God each day?” A few quick minutes in prayer before dinner, or an hour in Bible study with your youth group? Do you read a Psalm or Proverb a day, or have a devotional (like this one!) that you study and try to apply to your life?

            Checking the surf forecast each morning is a regular part of my daily routine, but there’s something even more important"spending time in God’s Word.  Your time with God should be number one on your list of priorities.  After all, you should want your relationship with Him to be strengthened with each waking day!

            God"the Creator of the universe"actually desires to spend time with us!  So why say no? Spending time in prayer and studying His Word is essential for every Christian’s life.  It’s our daily bread, our strength for each new day, and our road map for the future.  Through prayer and studying the Bible, you can tap into God’s reservoir of wisdom and strength to help you overcome whatever obstacles you may encounter today.


“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”  2 Timothy 3:16-17


See also:
 Psalm 119:97-105; Hebrews 4:12



© 2013 Summer


Author's Note

Summer
I am so stoked that my devotional is published!

Buy on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Devotions-Surfer-Girls-Summer-Conner/dp/1492182699/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377736383&sr=8-4&keywords=devotions+for+surfer+girls

Buy on Createspace:
https://www.createspace.com/4405975

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 19, 2013


Author

Summer
Summer

Southern California



About
I’m a sixteen-year-old girl with a strong passion for surfing and a heart for God. I am stoked to be a published author! My hobbies include writing, photography (GoPro), and building rollercoast.. more..

Writing
Day 2 | No Worries Day 2 | No Worries

A Chapter by Summer