Study: From God's Word

Study: From God's Word

A Chapter by Summer

2 Samuel 22 is a great passage, not only to study, but to relate to and use in prayer.  In fact, some of the verses are very relatable to surfers! (See verses 5 and 17.) Let’s dig in and explore what this chapter has to teach us.


verses 2-5, 17     How much do you depend on God? Do you lean on Him for support in both the bad times and the good? Like Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart.”  Can you say that the Lord is your rock, fortress, deliverer, and the place you take refuge in? Make sure you are fully depending on God, not anything or anyone else.


verses 21-25 
      Can you relate to King David? Can you say that you have “kept the ways of the Lord” and “kept [yourself] from guilt”? Following God wholeheartedly and walking “blameless before Him” is no easy task, but by spending time in prayer and in the Bible each morning, we can guard our hearts and minds with the armor of God.


verses 29-35
        Do you truly believe that with God on your side, nothing is impossible? Do you trust that He will guide your paths and always be with you? Sometimes it is hard to be strong and courageous, but know that you are never alone"you have a very powerful God on your side! “Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)


verse 47 
     Say this verse from the bottom of your heart.  Weave it into a prayer to your Heavenly Father, and make praising God part of your daily routine.  Never forget to thank Him for all He’s done for you! He is your living Savior, rock, and salvation.



© 2013 Summer


Author's Note

Summer
I am so stoked that my devotional is published!

Buy on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Devotions-Surfer-Girls-Summer-Conner/dp/1492182699/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377736383&sr=8-4&keywords=devotions+for+surfer+girls

Buy on Createspace:
https://www.createspace.com/4405975

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 18, 2013


Author

Summer
Summer

Southern California



About
I’m a sixteen-year-old girl with a strong passion for surfing and a heart for God. I am stoked to be a published author! My hobbies include writing, photography (GoPro), and building rollercoast.. more..

Writing
Day 2 | No Worries Day 2 | No Worries

A Chapter by Summer