Wolf Winds

Wolf Winds

A Poem by SyberRose



Can you feel the wolf winds panting in the night?

As they howl beneath the pale moonlight~

 

Do you know they can hear each moan and cry?

In valleys and mountains each luscious sigh~

 

They can smell the passion of the abyss

As they stalk within each tender kiss~

 

Can you feel the winds whisper in your hair?

Breathing down your neck...when no one is there~

 

Can you hear the shadows as they embark?

In  the desert...in mask of the dark~

 

Within the black forest and silhouettes of the night

Tasting the potion of addicting moonlight~


 

©SyberRose

 

 

© 2013 SyberRose


Author's Note

SyberRose
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a lovely piece, Rose.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Travis...glad you liked it...:)
wow i love that picture and it so suits the poem Rose....haunting and wonderful..

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Stella...i'm glad you like it...I like that photo too...hugs
Shivers up my spine reading this, Rose. Well written couplets with great imagery and a vivid eeriness.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rita...nice hearing from you today as always...Rose:)
Your fascination for the moon...... is becoming addictive.Lovely poem, well-rhymed.Just the mention of wolves howling at night gives one an eerie feeling.You have successfully created a haunting atmosphere in the poem by your good use of imagery.A very good write, as always

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Onku...Yes the moon has me spellbound...Rose:)
another beautiful fusion of nature and human behavior...the wolves are beautiful in their mating and how they all move together in packs...humans are also beautiful when they act upon their passions...and most of all when they travel together...in groups...

today so many individuals are compartmentalized...we seem to have lost that group mentality...we don't get together for causes like we used to..

wolves remind us there is strength in numbers.

wow, you really hit buttons with this one.
nice couplets...

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Jacob...I like my poetry group...its the only group I belong to ha...Rose:)
Beautiful rhyming, I liked the imagery and concept a lot, I like wolves.:) Very nice rose!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it ...thank you for taking time to read today...Rose:)
Such a amazing haunting write,
Love the rhythm of this piece as well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sprinkles...I appreciate you visit...Rose:)
Just Kim

10 Years Ago

You are welcome : )
Hi Rose. A beautiful write, eerie and haunting. A good interpretation of the image. Skillfully crafted free style metered rhyming couplets which I enjoy. Imagery is good as are the descriptives. You paint a vivid picture of these wolf winds that any reader can appreciate and almost hear being carried though the air on a dark night. Flow is good; line to line transition and breaks are done well. Nice rhythm. Nice personification of the winds -- being the panting of wolves. Very creative. Rhyme is good as is the rhyme scheme. A nice mix of perfect feminine and masculine end line rhyme that is executed very well in this piece. Good depth of feeling of the darkness and its whispers that haunt the night. Good word choice; nice use of repetition for emphasis of feeling. Nice use of onomatopoeia. I like how you use questions to drive the theme of the couplets. Well penned and a much enjoyed read. Write on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Wow ..what a great review Shelley...I'm so glad you enjoyed it...and thank you for taking time to re.. read more
ShelleyA

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome and my pleasure.
SyberRose

10 Years Ago

I did have the script fonts on here but they disappeared...maybe they will return as they did the ot.. read more
Very haunting and mesmerizing. The wolf is a very mysterious creature, with enough human traits to make it really scary. You have captured this feeling well in your wonderful words, Rose. Very nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jack...yes they are indeed...they love the moon just like we do...:)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2129 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013
Tags: syberrose, poem, poetry, winds, wolf, dark

Author

SyberRose
SyberRose

VA



About
Welcome to my profile: I was born in England, and raised in the U.S and now living in Virginia. I write mostly of romance and nature....I prefer not to send read requests so if you wish just read at y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..