Idyll; Chapter 2

Idyll; Chapter 2

A Chapter by Simon Garriott
"

There's no touch like hers, is there?

"

I guess I didn’t die last night.

 

Why do rooms spin around when you drink too much water? Inhale just a little too much air? Eat too much candy?
I think your house just moved, and I think you're going to be sick.

The morning after is never fun, and yet somehow we're perpetually stuck in a routine motion of 'morning afters'.
I honestly could never tell how we get the money to do what we do, but I think you helped a little, willingly or not.
Robin Hood never intended on this to happen.

Tye-die is commonplace here, as are the morals I'm wearing; Goodwill doesn't have much else that fits. Not one of this quintouple really care about looks.
When no one will look at you, why should you put in any effort?
I wish this were the reason we didn't have a bathroom mirror.

Why do I always wake up with my face in the f*****g hole in the couch?
Tristan, we need to steal another cushion.

I love how she's always next to me on the couch when I wake up, pretending like I didn't nearly vomit on her lap the night before, like the room never had ball berrings; Like we just met.

I swear she's just a blast from Kent State University.
She's always stroking my hair back while I'm regaining consciousness., twittering my headband.
I need it so she doesn't have to hold my hair back, nor I her.
And to this day, I've never felt a sweeter kiss on my cheek, lip or elsewhere.

How many females do you know that can look attractive, despite the fact her pants are torn to shreds and her shirt is stained with street and grass?
Mother nature has always been two faced; Fun to fall back on, but can hurt like no other.

Bruises were common, but ever since I came along she never needed much help from Rhiannon to stay alive. As they say, "love is a battlefield".
I always wondered what kind of 'love' was being referred to.
But then again, 2 out of 5 agree on this theory.
The other 3 of us have our own reasons why we're here.
I guess that's why her and I are so tightly knit together; Thread and needle. Pin and cushion.

Noah's room smells like flowers and a faint hint of cinnamon; 'Just pretend this never happened.'
I guess this isn't Noah's room. Maybe mine. Or Carys'.
I don't think it's anyones.
Maybe it's everyones.


The cat chased the mouse, but the mice has friends.
Which one is society? I guess it depends if you're an optimist or not.



We may not have much, but we do have eachother.
Not like you care.
And to be honest, I wouldn't even care if you ever did.
These kids are mine.




I still wish we had a f*****g front door.



© 2008 Simon Garriott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

FANTASTICALLY WRITTEN.

I'm so jealous! Your writing style is everything I wish I had! My favourite part was:

"Bruises were common, but ever since I came along she never needed much help from Rhiannon to stay alive. As they say, "love is a battlefield".
I always wondered what kind of 'love' was being referred to.
But then again, 2 out of 5 agree on this theory.
The other 3 of us have our own reasons why we're here.
I guess that's why her and I are so tightly knit together; Thread and needle. Pin and cushion."

That was great imagery, Danny. Seriously. This could be a huge hit. WRITE MOREE!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 27, 2008


Author

Simon Garriott
Simon Garriott

Fayetteville, NC



About
I'm rather new here. I'm 19 and I love to write, read, critique and preform spoken word. I write everything from stories to poems and back again, experimenting with as many things as I possibly can. I.. more..

Writing