Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 1 - To whom it may concern.

Chapter 1 - To whom it may concern.

A Chapter by P.D. North

Chapter 1 - To whom it may concern.

Everybody thinks life is endless. There are those with the fear of dying but none embrace it. Nobody wakes up with the thought; this is the day I die. There are exceptions of course. Unfortunately I am one of those. Well, my friends and I are. We didn’t get this mindset long ago, but something unexplainable happened that made us this way. This sudden crash of reality, as we know it, made us full of anguish. Now, filled with melancholy, the one thing that is supposed to kill me in the long run became my torch of hope; the one thing that could take my mind off of dying and sink back into what was once my truth. A familiar feeling and it gives me inner peace, but just for a brief moment. How ironic. I only have two of these cigarettes left, so I have to write this quick; before the despair flows back in and I am unable to think about anything other than survival. The reason I write this is to get our story told, to get our message to those we cannot reach right now. We don't know where we are or even when we are. So see this as a message in a bottle. Not for help, but for closure.

I don't know where to start so I'll just begin from where it still made sense to me. All our mobile phones died out already so we don't know how long it's been by now. What I do know is that I really want to get back; this place is taking its toll on our sanity. At first we brushed it off as a delusion of the mind, a flashback to a crazy night, but somehow everything has changed.
I'm not good at writing so bear with me please; hopefully some of it will make sense to whoever is reading this. I really hope it does, because to us it feels like we entered pandemonium.

There were six of us; two girls and four guys, me included. They are very close friends and with some of them I go way back. We were preparing for a road trip towards Budapest in Eastern Europe. By car it would take us fifteen hours of nonstop driving. Of course we weren't planning on driving without stopping. This is where we made our fatal mistake. All of us wanted this trip to become special and something we would never forget. And that it did.
Our group of friends has a very intriguing history concerning nights of madness and all out insanity. This included anything illegal and hanging over the border of human morality. That's why it wasn't so strange to think that we started our trip from Amsterdam and took some fun stuff with us. This included some uppers, some downers and some psychedelics. The latter is my drug of choice and the reason we had this specific stop on our road. Going from Amsterdam we had Berlin on our map to see what crazy nightlife it holds for us. After that we wanted to stay in a hostel in Bratislava and go to some underground techno party, all because someone watched this crazy horror movie about a road trip that coincidentally also started in Amsterdam. They never came back from their journey as well, funny.
Our last stop before Budapest, after what seemed like the longest car ride ever, was to arrive in Croatia. To be more specific; the enchanted woods of Croatia. I saw some pictures online and someone wrote an article about how magical this place is. I thought this was going to be the best stop on our trip through Europe. The best place to set up camp and have one of those nights we´d never forget. Well, looking on the bright side; it did turn out to be one of those nights.
We drove past some great ruins and still standing castles, old villages and long deserted roads through endless forests, when we finally arrived at the perfect spot; in the middle of a forest where we could have the whole night just to ourselves. We started unpacking our camping gear, settled for a spot between the trees and commenced, from what I remember; a nighttime full of obscurity.


© 2016 P.D. North


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016


Author

P.D. North
P.D. North

Netherlands



About
Just a 24 year old Student of the English language trying to put my imagination down on paper. more..

Writing