Rise of the Titans

Rise of the Titans

A Chapter by T.A. Knight
"

in this second installment, Ereksin makes a bold move to claim the Team Asia page.

"

“Buy our page?!” asked Pathos incredulously. “Why would you want to do that?”

 

“Because,” said Mr. Ereksin in a calm voice. “Your page has massive amounts of untapped potential. With my guiding hand, you could have so many followers, and your content would be funnier than ever!”

 

“That sounds too good to be true,” said Jake. “What’s the catch?” Mr. Ereksin’s eyes widened with surprise, and then hardened into a grim smile.

 

“Oh, nothing huge…just simply step down as admins, and hand me the full rights to the page,” everyone stiffened in shock.

 

“I’d never give up my position here!” said Herald angrily.

 

“Yeah, I’m a grown man! I’m not selling out like that! Screw you!” roared jojo.

 

“That’s bullroar!” yelled Launchpad. “We’re not going to resign, just like that!”

 

“Why should we lose our jobs to get more followers for the page?” asked Pathos.

 

“It’s simple really, your ‘community’ is nothing more than a bunch of silly admins posting whatever tickles their fancy. There’s no order, and to the rest of the world, it’s off-putting. But when we take control, there will be no more admin interaction, the people will get what they want: a series of funny pictures and articles to make them laugh,”

 

“You’re wrong!” yelled Knight. “People can get that kind of monotonous crap anywhere! The page we have going is much more than that because we show the fans that we care! We spam their feeds with art and funny pictures, we answer their questions, we tell them stories! To them, we’re actually people!”

 

“You want to take away the very thing that makes this page special,” said Logos. “The soul. We’re not going to give that up for a larger community,”

 

Mr. Ereksin paused. And then he seemed to grow angry.

 

“Foolish admins! You do not realize the worth of your page! We will acquire it one way or another, and you’ve burned the bridge of the peaceful route. Now you’ve given us no other option, we’ll take your page by force!” with that the screen went dark.

 

“What do you suppose he meant by ‘force’?” asked jojo.

 

“I’m not sure he could mean anything I suppose? Like a hostile business takeover?” said Ethos.

 

“Well whatever, he’s not going to take the page from us so eas-“ Knight was cut off by a sudden rumbling. “What the hell was THAT?!” he cried out.

 

“Pull up the exterior camera footage!” commanded Ethos! The computer system complied at the sound of his voice. The image was put up on the big screen where Mr. Ereksin had been not a minute before. What the saw caused everyone to gasp. There was a legion of Titans advancing on the HQ.

 

“T-Titans?!” stammered Pathos.

 

“How can they be here!?” roared Launchpad. “They’re just supposed to be anime characters!”

 

“Perhaps they’re operating on the same logic as my Keyblade?” suggested Knight, summoning the weapon to his side. “I mean, the Keyblade is only supposed to exist within Kingdom Hearts, but here it is,”

 

“Whatever! The fact is, they’re here! And we have to stop them before they destroy our HQ!” yelled Herald.

 

“But not all of us can reach the nape of their neck,” pointed out Logos. “In fact, the only ones of us that can easily do it, are Herald, Pathos, and maybe Launchpad,”

 

“Ok, then!” said Pathos taking on a commanding voice. “I’ll go out and do my best to take out as many as possible, Herald use your teleporting powers to take out the ones that get through me, and Launchpad, stay near the moat around the HQ, use that water to your advantage and take out the lucky ones that get through Herald. Knight, jojo, and Jake, get to a sniper position and give us cover. Knight use your new magic to cast spells and heal us when necessary, jojo use that enchanted bow of yours to keep the Titans distracted while we take them out up close, Jake do the same with your cube. Ethos, I want you to be sniper support. Logos, I know most of your weapons are melee, but you can’t jump as high as me, or teleport like Herald, and you’re not a bender. We’ll need you on top of the HQ, give us updates on Titan movement. Prisma, You should help out with that too, do you think your golem can give us ground support?”

 

“Yes, he’ll help,” said Prisma

 

“Good, then move out, Team!” yelled Pathos.

 

Everyone ran off to their different positions. Knight, jojo, and Jake went off to the windows on the mid point of the tower to attack with their long range weapons. Pathos went out into the surrounding wilderness with Prisma’s golem. Herald waited at the halfway point between the HQ and the approaching Titans, also hidden from view. Launchpad waited by the moat, with his short sword drawn. His other hand was tense, ready to bend the water at a moment’s notice. Ethos was at the roof with Logos and Prisma, his sniper rifle drawn, he had a better view of the Titans from the roof than he would from the mid point on the building. Logos and Prisma kept their eyes peeled for any surprise in Titan activity.

 

‘They seem to all be coming from the same direction,” Logos said into his communicator.

 

“Got it,” came back Pathos’ voice. “How many do you see?”

 

“Right now it appears to be thirty Titans, they’re not holding back, be careful out there,” said Prisma.

 

---

Pathos waited in the shadows until the Titans were closer. His cloak ruffled a bit in the breeze, and his reaper scythe was low to the ground hidden from view. He felt the whole of the natural world flowing through him, giving him strength. Pathos may have only been half-reaper, but he still enjoyed the benefits of their power. Reapers were death incarnate, and their power came from everything natural, because death was just as natural as life.

 

The reapers had learned to harness energy from the natural energy around them, giving them a considerable boost in strength and agility. Pathos was stronger than any normal human, and he was faster and more agile as well, no Titan could stand up to his power and hope to win. Even if he was strong and fast, he was no match for a full reaper. Good thing he never planned on fighting a full reaper any time soon.

 

Nearby, a Titan was coming into range. Pathos prepared, dug his heels into the ground, and jumped. He bound into the air, and felt the wind on his face, flapping his cloak in the wind. He extended his arm and swung down. His scythe cut through the flesh of the Titan’s neck as if it were butter. With the nape of the neck cut through, the Titan fell and died before it hit the ground.

 

Pathos landed, he didn’t even feel it. From the height he had fallen from, any normal man would have died.  He moved on to the next Titan, running to its side, jumping and repeating the process of cutting it’s neck.

 

In that time several Titans had passed him and were making their way toward the tower.

 

“S**t, take care of them, Herald!” Pathos muttered to himself as he continued onto the next Titan.

 

---

Knight kept his eye on the approaching Titans. He felt that something was off about them, but he couldn’t engage them until they were within range of his magic. When they got past Pathos he figured out what was the matter.

 

“They didn’t try to eat him!” he said into the communicator. “That’s wrong, why wouldn’t they try to eat Pathos?”

 

“Ereksin must be controlling them,” said Jake. “He doesn’t want to kill us, just take the page,”

 

“I suppose that makes things a little easier,” said Launchpad.

 

Finally the Titans were in range.

 

“Ok, let’s keep them busy, They won’t try and eat Herald, but we can keep them from getting to the tower long enough to have Herald pick them off,” said Jake. He twisted his Rubik’s cube. The color combination he chose, caused the cube to expand and turn into a canon.

 

“I got the one on the left,” said Knight.

 

“I’m on right,” said Jake.

 

“guess, I’m left to go mid,” said jojo.

 

“Then Fire!” yelled Knight. A fireball erupted from his Keyblade, heading for the Titan on the left. Jake’s canon fired and sent a canon ball straight for the Titan on the right. jojo pulled back the string on his bow, and an arrow magically appeared there. He shot it off, and it exploded as it made contact with the Titan in the middle. Knight’s fireball hit the Titan in the shoulder, and sent it falling to the ground. Jake’s cannonball took off the head of another Titan.

 

“Herald, those ones we hit will regenerate, be ready to finish them off!” said Knight into his communicator.

 

“Gotcha, thanks for the heads up,” replied Herald. Knight smiled, for all the crap Herald gave him about Knight being his “b***h” he was still a genuinely good guy, and an inseparable friend.

 

---

Ethos stood on the roof, taking shots at the approaching Titans, taking the pressure of Herald and the others. His abilities made him an impressive sniper. He could see the world as if it were slowed down when he wanted to, meaning he could make shots with more time than your average gunman.

 

“It looks like Pathos has taken out five Titans, and Herald’s taken out another four. Thanks to the others, none have made it to Launchpad yet,” said Logos giving a report to the others over the communicator.

 

Then he saw movement in the distance.

 

“Crap, we’ve got another ten coming in!” he yelled into the communicator.

 

---

Herald found it very easy to deal with the Titans, all he had to do was teleport to the nape of their necks and cut. Using this method, he had already managed to kill four of them.

 

He had to admit, Knight, jojo and Jake were making it very easy as well, by keeping them distracted.

 

Knight sent out a Blizzard spell that froze the head of one of the Titans causing it to thrash in confusion. Herald teleported up to it’s neck and cut it. The Titan fell, dead.

 

“That’s another one!” he said triumphantly. He teleported up to another Titan, but before he could cut it’s neck, a fist came out of nowhere, and hit him towards the ground.

 

S**t, I’m falling too fast! He thought to himself. Even if I teleport I won’t survi- wait!

 

Right before he crashed into the ground, Herald teleported again.

 

---

 

Launchpad hadn’t seen any action yet, which wasn’t really a bad thing, it meant that the others were winning.

 

However, he heard a splash in the water behind him and turned in surprise. Herald had teleported above the water, he must have been falling and needed a cushion. It was impressive how fast he had thought of a solution.

 

Using his waterbending, Launchpad got Herald out of the water and dry again.

 

“Are you ok?” he asked.

 

“Yes, I’m fine,” replied Herald “He just took me by surprise,”

 

---

Logos had seen everything.

 

“Pathos! Fall back, Herald got knocked out of the second zone, he’s in the third zone with Launchpad,”

 

“Got it!” came back Pathos’ voice. Just then, Prisma’s arm gripped Logos’ tightly.

 

“We got another one coming from behind!” he yelled in alarm. Prisma spun Logos around and pointed out a 15 meter class Titan charging at them at full speed. It was coming in too fast, they wouldn’t be able to stop it before it reached the tower.

 

“Brace for impact!” Logos yelled into the communicator.

 

---

they all heard the command, but none knew what it meant until it was too late. The Titan’s fist collided with the back end of the Team Asia tower, there was an explosion and Logos, Ethos, and Prisma were knocked off the top of the tower.

 

Knight saw them falling from the window where he was located.

 

“Crap!” he yelled as he leapt from his perch, falling into nothingness. “Anti-Gravity!” he yelled, pointing his Keyblade at the other three. A purple force field appeared around Logos and Ethos, stopping their fall, however Prisma wasn’t in range of the feeble level one spell. “No!” cursed Knight.

 

But it was ok, Jake used his cube and another color combo to turn it into a hover board. He grabbed jojo, and together they flew out to catch Prisma. However, before they could save Knight, the Titan that had punched the tower began to take swipes at them. They fled, flying off to safety.

 

Knight was crashing to the ground, at least he had managed to save the others, but it didn’t look like he was going to be able to survive this fall. However, before he hit the ground a tendril of water engulfed him, and broke his free fall. Launchpad brought him safely to the ground.

 

“Launchpad?” asked Knight when his feet made contact. “thankyouthankyouthankyou!” he cried embracing his fellow admin.

 

“You’re welcome, how could I let you fall to your death,” replied Launchpad with a smile. Over Launchpad’s shoulder, Knight saw that the tower was crumbling, and debris were about to fall on them all. Knight lifted his Keyblade into the air, and a light force field covered Him, Launchpad and Herald. The debris collided with the shield, but bounced off harmlessly.

 

“I’m afraid…we’ve lost this battle, we must flee for now,” said Launchpad solemnly.

 

“No! We can still fight!” cried Knight angrily.

 

“We’ve already lost three admins!” said Herald, “we need to re-group for now.”

 

“…fine” said Knight begrudgingly. “But what about Logos and Ethos?”

 

“Pathos will take care of them,” said Launchpad. Sure enough, Knight looked up and saw Pathos break the force fields around the other two and take them off to safety.

 

---

Pathos heard Logos give the command to ‘brace’ and then he saw the explosion. He saw his friends falling to their doom, he saw Knight save Logos and Ethos, he saw Jake save Prisma. He had to get to over to the other, so they could all get to safety.

 

During the battle, Prisma’s rock golem had taken an unfortunate kick, which sent it into a tree. It had shattered back into inanimate rock.

 

I’ll have to explain that to Prisma…not looking forward to that. Pathos thought. He leapt up into the air, grabbed his two friends, and brought them back to the ground safely. The purple force fields had broken, and Ethos and Logos got to their feet.

 

“We need to run and re-group.” Said Pathos. The others nodded, and they all fled into the woods. Behind them, the Titans converged on the tower, when they were satisfied that all the admins had gone, they vanished in a flash of lightning.



© 2014 T.A. Knight


Author's Note

T.A. Knight
how is the pacing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on January 8, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014
Tags: #fanfiction, #anime, #video games


Author

T.A. Knight
T.A. Knight

MI



About
My pen name is T.A. Knight. I don't feel like giving out my real name. I write what I like to write about, which usually involves adventure and action. However, I also include a sprinkle of heartf.. more..

Writing
Conflict Conflict

A Chapter by T.A. Knight