Nipping at the Heels

Nipping at the Heels

A Chapter by T.A. Knight
"

The admins are scattered to the wind, and an old foe returns to haunt them.

"

Knight, Launchpad and Herald walked through the wilderness. They were alone. They had tried to contact the others, but the communicators were dead. They were cut off.

 

“Where are we supposed to go?” asked Herald.

 

“Have faith, my friends,” said Launchpad. “God has spared us, and we live to fight again, this is only a minor setback” Then it finally dawned on Knight.

 

“Wait I know where we can go!” he said. “I used to run another page, we can hang out there and re-group! The HQ isn’t that far actually.” And so it was decided, they all made their way to Knight’s other HQ.

 

---

It was a little cramped on the hover board, but none of them complained. They all knew that they had to get out of the reach o the Titans, and so they’d suffer the close quarters for the time being.

 

“I think that’s far enough,” said Jake, as he brought the hover board to the ground. When they got low enough, the board shrunk back down and turned into a cube. They were all far away from the Tower now, or any of the other admins for that matter.

 

“We shouldn’t have left them…” said Prisma.

 

“We didn’t have much of a choice” Jake said matter-of-factually.

 

“We could have stayed and fought,” replied Prisma with a sharp tongue.

 

“And we would have died!” jojo pointed out. “even I could see that!”

 

“But we left Knight to fall to his death!” protested Prisma. “We could have saved him.”

 

“Launchpad and Herald were below him, do you really think they weren’t going to catch him?”

 

“…No they would have gotten him. But that doesn’t change the fact that we ran like cowards!”

 

“The others would have fled too, the fact is we lost that battle and now we need to gather our wits and re-group,” said Jake calmly. “We would be of no use to anyone if we were dead,”

 

“And what if the others are dead?!” said Prisma accusingly.

 

“Then we owe it to them to avenge their deaths,” replied jojo. The whole time jojo had been on his phone. “that’s…odd…” he said after a moment.

 

“What is?” asked Jake.

 

“I can’t access the page as an admin anymore, at least, not from my phone,”

 

“What?” exclaimed Prisma. They all pulled out their phones and checked.

 

“It’s true… none of us are admins anymore…” said Jake in disbelief.

 

“So Ereksin really did take over the page…” sighed jojo.

 

“Damn!” swore Prisma. “…wait what’s this?” he asked. They others gathered around his phone to see what he was talking about. Their eyes widened in astonishment, and then fear.

 

“My God…” breathed Jake.

 

---

Pathos, Logos and Ethos had run off into the woods, but not so far that they couldn’t keep an eye on the Tower. They had set up a makeshift camp about a mile away, and had since hiked back up to the Tower to monitor activity. The Titans had disappeared, but armed guards had taken up posts. It looked like someone else had moved into what was left of the Tower.

 

They decided it must be Ereksin and his crew, and went back to their camp to for a strategy.

 

“We’ll need to find the rest of the Team before we can make our counterattack,” said Pathos. “It won’t work with just the three of us,”

 

“Hey, we started this Team, we are more than capable to take it back,” said Ethos.

 

“That’s true, but the others helped make this page everything that it was. And besides we can’t take out all those guards by ourselves,”

 

“With everyone, we can take back the Tower with ease,” said Logos. He took out his phone and began to look for the other admins.

 

“Doesn’t look like anyone’s online yet.” He said. Then he sighed. “That guy moved fast, he’s already removed us as admins,”

 

“That’s to be expected,” replied Ethos. “we’ll just take back the page. And reinstate ourselves,”

 

“Wait… what the hell?” exclaimed Logos.

 

“What is it?” asked Pathos.

 

“There’s a new post from the page…and…oh my god…” he said in disbelief. “You have to read this,”

 

Pathos looked over his shoulder and his eyes lit up in anger.

 

“It can’t be! That’s impossible!”

 

---

It had been a bit of a hike, but with Herald’s teleporting it had gone a lot faster. They came up to the small building that was the Team TKoA headquarters. Knight pulled out his admin card, and swiped it through the entry pad. The door opened with an audible swoosh. The three of them went in and walked to the computer hub.

 

“This place is…small…” said Launchpad.

 

“The page failed before it could get much bigger…” said Knight slightly embarrassed. Although he wasn’t ashamed of his position on Team ASIA, he was a little embarrassed that his attempt to strike out on his own failed so badly.

 

Knight booted up the computers and logged onto his personal facebook.

 

“Can’t see if the others are online yet…” he told the other two. “Guess we’re on our own for the time being.”

 

“That’s fine, this place will suffice as a hideout while we wait for them,” said Herald.

 

“Indeed, The Lord has blessed us with this sanctuary, we should be thankful we are well hidden from the demon that is Mr. Ereksin,” said Launchpad.

 

Knight tried to log into the Team ASIA page, but he found he could no longer activate his admin powers.

 

“He’s already kicked us off as admins,” he reported to the others. They nodded.

 

“He sure moved fast…” said Herald.

 

“Well, we never could have foreseen that Titan attack…” replied Launchpad. It was true, they had done about as well as they could have given the circumstances. But now they were ready for anything.

 

Then Knight slammed his hands on the desk and stood up. The others wheeled around to see what he was reacting to.

 

“I-it can’t be…” Knight stuttered. “That new message…”  The others looked at the newest post on the page.

 

It read: Hello ASIA, The page has come under some new management. I’ll be your new admin from now on. Good day.

~Mythos

 

“He can’t be alive…” breathed Launchpad.

 

“He’s dead!” said Herald.

 

“I killed him myself,” said Knight. He began to flashback.

 

---

It was a year ago. The admins had gotten fed up with the hacker Mythos, and had waged one last assault on him. In Mythos’ fortress, the admins gathers for the last fight with the one who had tried to take over their page.

 

jojo dashed to the side, firing arrows at Mythos with great speed. Some were aimed at Mythos himself, which he either blocked or dodged, but three hit the ground below him and exploded. Mythos was knocked into the air. Herald teleported up to him, and began to attack with his swords.

 

Mythos blocked with his own sword, and kicked Herald to the side. Knight leapt up and caught Herald before he hit the ground. Launchpad had used the water he brought with him, and formed it into a whip. He wrapped the water around Mythos’ leg and slammed him into the ground. With him disoriented for a moment, it gave Pathos a chance to go in and attack with his scythe. He took one swipe, two swipes, three. Mythos backstepped and dodged all three. And then he took a bullet to the shoulder. Ethos had sniped him. Mythos recoiled from the shock of getting shot, which gave Logos a chance to come in with his sword. Mythos jumped back just barely dodging the sword, but in a flash of purple light, the sword became a flail, with it’s extended reach, Mythos took the full blunt of the flail. He was knocked onto his back.

 

Prisma and one of his rock golems jumped into the air above Mythos and were about to crush and impale him. However, right before the blade could stab Mythos, he grabbed it with his bare hand and a burst of dark energy erupted from his body. Prisma was thrown back into a wall, and slumped over unconscious.

 

Jake ran forward, twisting his cube and turned it into a machine gun. He opened fire on Mythos, who had a dark fire aura around him. The bullets didn’t even seem to phase him. Jake’s machine gun turned back into a cube, a few more turns and it transformed into a sword. He took a swing at Mythos, but Mythos caught the blade, and threw it aside. He then punched Jake in the face, sending him sprawling.

 

Mythos lifted his hands into the air, and a dark aura appeared around Knight, Herald, jojo and Launchpad. They were thrown back and pinned to the walls.

 

“Now that they’re out of the way, I can focus on you three!” taunted Mythos.

 

‘You’re going to pay for what you’ve done!” yelled Pathos, charging at Mythos. Logos ran after Pathos to support him, while Ethos laid down covering fire. As each of their attacks was about to hit Mythos, he shimmered and teleported just out of reach.

 

“He’s fast!” grunted Pathos.

 

“Pathos! We have no choice! We have to use it!” yelled Logos.

 

“He’s right,” agreed Ethos.

 

“Fine then!” the three of them gathered together and shouted as one.

 

“Trinity Limit Break!” Ethos’ gun began to glow with energy, as did Pathos’ scythe and Logos’ hands. Ethos’ eyes began to glow, and a shimmering aura appeared around Mythos, and he ceased to move. Ethos had frozen him in Time. In a flash of purple light, Logos was suddenly holding his own scythe. They charged at Mythos together, Pathos’ scythe glowing with natural energy, and Logos’ scythe, which had become engulfed in flames. They came at Mythos as one, and swung in unison. Their scythes cut through him, and together they dashed out of the way.

 

Ethos’ gun had grown brighter, and in a flash, he pulled the trigger. An enormous blast of pure energy erupted from the barrel, and consumed Mythos. The blast lasted for about three seconds, and when it dissolved, Mythos had disintegrated, where he stood there was now a crater.

 

“Is…it over?” asked Pathos.

 

“I think so…” said Ethos.

 

“Wrong!” came a voice from nowhere. Suddenly, a kick sent Ethos crashing into the wall.

 

“What!?” cried Logos. Where Ethos had been before the kick, now stood Mythos, albeit now missing his left arm.

 

“I’m lucky…” he said with a bloody grin. “If I hadn’t tried to teleport right as Ethos used that Time Pause, I might have lost more than just my arm,”

 

Pathos saw that the blood coming from Mythos’ wound was actually black.

 

“What the hell are you?!” he yelled angrily.

 

“I am the cure to your cancerous page,” said Mythos simply.

 

Logos charged forward, his scythe outstretched. He wasn’t as good with it as Pathos, but he could hold his own. However, each attack that he made with the scythe was deflected with Mythos’ sword. Mythos twisted his sword, and disarmed Logos of his scythe, but in a purple flash, Logos was holding a sword. He was quicker and more agile with this weapon. Mythos had a harder time holding him off, but just as before, he cast the blade aside.

 

Next Logos summoned his flail, and went in for more attacks. Mythos grabbed the spiked ball with his arm by wrapping the chain in the crook of his elbow. He yanked the flail out of Logos’ hands and attacked with his own sword. A spear came out next, and Logos fought bravely with it, but Mythos was faster with his sword and deflected each blow.

 

Mythos had become sick of this little exchange and sliced Logos’ arm. He cried out in pain, and blood splattered onto the floor, crimson mixing with black. Using his dark aura, Mythos flung Logos away, who crumpled onto the floor. Logos didn’t get back up.

 

Pathos let out a roar of fury, and his body became engulfed in a red aura of natural energy. He held out his free hand, and the scythe that was thrown aside my Mythos flew into his hand.

 

I am Death incarnate! I am the reaper pathos!” he roared. Not many of the admins had seen this form before, this was Pathos’ Reaper Berserker Mode. When he was overcome by a massive bloodlust, he gave into his reaper instincts and became a machine of death.

 

dieeeeeee!!!!” he screamed as he charged at Mythos. With his two scythes he was a formidable opponent. But Mythos was able to hold off Pathos with his sword. His dark aura seemed to be growing stronger as well.

 

“It seems I’ll have to get serious,” said Mythos calmly. His aura shifted, and morphed into another arm to replace his lost one.

 

RAAAAAAH!!!!” screamed Pathos. He came at Mythos again, swinging his scythes with all his might. As they came down, Mythos sidestepped them, or parried them with his sword.

 

Pathos came in for one more attack, but this time, Mythos grabbed his arm and swung onto Pathos’ back, and used his new aura hand to grab Pathos’ other arm. Mythos placed his foot in between Pathos’ shoulder blades. He pulled, and with a sickening snap of bones, Mythos broke Pathos’ arms. Pathos cried out in pain, and his aura of natural energy wore off as he reverted out of Berserker mode.

 

“Screw…you…” he panted.

 

Mythos didn’t say anything, he simply cast Pathos’ limp form aside as if it were a rag doll.

 

Knight looked on helplessly as his friends were beaten down. He saw Herald blink in and out of view, trying to teleport, but still pinned by Mythos’ dark aura. He saw Launchpad twitch his hand, trying to bend the water, but it simply rippled before falling flat, he was unable to bend.

 

Knight was in full rage. He had to do something, something to fight against Mythos. All he could do was scream.

 

But then, a light erupted from his chest. And the dark aura around him melted away.

 

He dropped to the floor, and a bright light shown in his hand. Suddenly it felt heavier. He looked and saw a key shaped sword had appeared there. It was the Keyblade. He didn’t question it, he didn’t have time to question it. He took a fighting stance, and faced off with Mythos.

 

“You still challenge me?” asked Mythos, legitimately surprised.

 

“Yes, You hurt my friends, and you will pay for your crimes. I am the Knight of Team ASIA! I am the guardian! And you just pissed me off!” With that Knight dashed forward. Their swords clashed, and Knight began attacking with a fast series of blows. However, Mythos was able to block all of them. To Knight’s advantage, Mythos was unable to take up the offensive, he was stuck on the defensive.

 

“You think you can beat me because you have some fancy new sword?” taunted Mythos.

 

“Limit Break Level 1!” yelled Knight, and a light aura surrounded him. The aura then shifted and engulfed the sword. The blade extended, and grew bigger. The sword was now considerably larger. It was a little known fact that Knight was stronger than he looked, however he had a tendency to overdo himself, and in order to save himself from using up too much energy and thus killing himself, special limit gates were placed on his own capabilities. He had just released the first gate.

 

“What kind of lame excuse for a guardian would I be, if I didn’t have the strength to back it up!” he yelled and he came at Mythos with increased speed. He began to attack Mythos.

 

Mythos sidestepped the first two attacks, but the third cut through his aura arm, which disappeared. Knight moved fast and his next attack went right for Mythos’ leg. Mythos wasn’t fast enough and within seconds the limb was severed as if it were made of butter. He cried out and fell to the floor, his black blood flowing from the wound.

 

He looked up at Knight with eyes full of contemp.

 

“What have you proved in the long run? What do you gain from killing me?” he asked.

 

“Peace” replied Knight coldly, and his Keyblade plunged into Mythos’ chest. Mythos screamed, and light erupted from his chest. In seconds he evaporated into nothingness. The dark aura that trapped the others evaporated as well, as Mythos’ energy faded into the void.

 

Knight went around, using the magic of the Keyblade he healed the teams wounds, and together they returned to the tower, free of the threat.

 

---

“And yet here he is, to plague us again…” said Launchpad.

 

“I’d bet every cent I had that he’s at the Tower right now,” said Knight. “I killed him once, I can do it again,”

 

“Knight, you know you can’t rely on your Limit Breaks this time to win!” protested Herald. “If you use them so recklessly, you’ll just kill yourself!”

 

“I don’t care, with the three of us, we can win,” he replied. “Are you with me?”

 

“I will fight!” said Launchpad, “For the good of the page!”

 

“I guess I don’t have much of a choice do I?” asked Herald. “I can’t leave you two idiots to handle this by yourself,”

 

“Yeesh, you’re cocky!” said Knight reclining in his chair.

 

“Yes, but who’s been wiping the floor with you every time we face off in the combat room!” said Herald placing his hand on the top of Knight’s head. “Face it, Knight, I’m stronger than you!” Knight grumbled, and turned away.

 

“Well it’s settled, our counter attack begins now!”



© 2014 T.A. Knight


Author's Note

T.A. Knight
Are fights well made?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2014
Tags: #fanfiction, #anime, #video games


Author

T.A. Knight
T.A. Knight

MI



About
My pen name is T.A. Knight. I don't feel like giving out my real name. I write what I like to write about, which usually involves adventure and action. However, I also include a sprinkle of heartf.. more..

Writing
Conflict Conflict

A Chapter by T.A. Knight