Chapter 2: the battle of the black sea

Chapter 2: the battle of the black sea

A Chapter by Dallas
"

The war draws closer to the Russian homeland and this battle will be decisive on this war

"
It had been a while since the Russians failed invasion of Alaska and the only movements in the war were minor naval skirmishes all over the world. The United States wanted to strike a major blow on the Russian navy and they saw an opportunity to do such a thing. Admiral chester Nimitz the third sailed his fleet of around 300 large vessels through the Turkish straits and into the black sea which at the time was housing about 400 Russian vessels for not only sea trials but also drills for a proposed invasion. This Russian fleet was lead by admiral Joseph jugosvili a young Georgian that had moved to Russia before the war. Jugisvili and Nimitz had met a few times in the past not In person but on the battlefield. They were the two commanders in charge when the shot that started this war was fired. The American force immediately broke into a 3 pronged formation with 3 prongs of 100 each and began attempting to encircle the Russian fleet but however Nimitz was not aware of the petty officers he had been given on this voyage and their own objectives for this battle. They wanted to achieve personal glory and to become heroes one in particular was Thomas grant a young Californian who never really grew up with any discipline so when he went to the navy he was far behind all the other recruits. In this specific scenario however it would prove to be a fatal mistake. He would be seen taking his prong right through the heart of the Russian fleet when his assignment was the right flank. Jugosvili took notice of this and immediately targeted the out of position flank. Thomas was killed in the first barrage when a shell pierces the bridge. Many American ships were extremely damaged and would need to evacuate fast. But as the rear ship began its long process of slowing then reversing the Russian air power arrived and dropped its payload right into the panicking American forces. One of these bombs dropped right onto the rear ships fuel tank which resulted in an explosion that you could see from miles and miles away. The sheer force of this explosion ripped the ships engine block out of place and immobilized not only that ship but trapped the entire wing of American forces in the midst of the Russian fleet. Nimitz swore to himself as he called for a full retreat from the black sea this was a strategic victory for the Russians but in the long run it helped clear the bad officers outlet of the United States navy for future encounters.


© 2019 Dallas


Author's Note

Dallas
Ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on March 26, 2019
Last Updated on March 26, 2019


Author

Dallas
Dallas

Mexico , MO



About
History and alternative history lover I usually write about hypothetical and realistic war scenarios more..

Writing