Someone I don't want to be

Someone I don't want to be

A Poem by Aurora Dawn
"

Free verse.

"
I'm a b*****d.

I'm a b***h.

I'm a prick.

I'm an idiot.

I'm an a*****e.

I'm a wanna-be

I'm a failure.

I'm useless.

I am someone who I don't want to be...

I'm a disrespectful, low end idiot living in a world that just wants me to string up some lines and watch me fall.

I'm a human. I can't stop myself from becoming this monster they say I am.

I am already that monster.

I've been called this by so many of my 'friends' and family.

I might as well believe it...

I don't want to believe it...

© 2012 Aurora Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i couldn't have said it any better than Dr.D. many writers like myself see poetry as a release or simply an art, so many try to do (myself included) what you do with grace and ease, so many still think that poetry is a long scroll of words held by techniques and emotion but this, the way you write is the very essence poetry filled with such power and raw emotion. this poem for me is just filled with empathy its horrible to feel this way when you know its happening and you end up fading and everyone become hurt in the process, its agonizing to read it. This has struck chords i have buried long ago, but i cant stop myself, its beautiful.

thank you, truly

keep on writing and never stop! id love to see the poems you write later in life, at thirteen you write better than most people and im sure it will stay that way=)

Posted 11 Years Ago


For some it may take years to write good poetry such as this. So much emotion, it felt as if I was reading a 'day in the life' of you. You draw from personal experience and write it in such a way that it may as well make the reader cry when he/she has finished reading this. Very well done.

-Writer *78*

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
Aurora, do you realize what advantage you have over other poets? Many write as a form of expression of thought or description of experience. You write because it's your sanctuary from the world that surrounds and controls you. There can be no better reason to write and I commend your efforts.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aurora Dawn

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012
Tags: Somebody, someone, monster, I, don't, want, to, be, who, am

Author

Aurora Dawn
Aurora Dawn

Boise, ID



About
Hi. I'm Aurora. I just kinda write about anything at any time. If I have an idea I write it down and soon it blossoms. I like writing poetry and short stories mainly. Veni. Vidi. Vici. more..

Writing
Dark Dark

A Poem by Aurora Dawn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trapped Trapped

A Poem by Faffy


Reminders Reminders

A Poem by Faffy