Transformed Chapter Five

Transformed Chapter Five

A Chapter by Tabitha M.

She didn't want to move or open her eyes. Didn't want to ruin this bliss. This comfort. If it was a dream, she didn't want to destroy it with cruel reality. No pain. No cold floor. No tears. Just peace and warmth. It was the best feeling in the world. 

"Larissa?"

She heard her name, but chose not to acknowledge it. Instead, she cuddled closer into the soft blanket of the bed, sighing contently. Nobody was going to mess this up.

"Hey, Mange?"

Again, she ignored the voice. 

"Aren't you hungry?"

Her eyes flew open,and there was her knight, holding the most delectable bowl of oatmeal she'd ever seen. She sat up, pushing her still greasy hair away from her face. Tyko passed her the bowl, warning about its warmth. 

Larissa looked at him closely. She reminded him of someone, but she couldn't quite figure out who. His face was practically flawless, straight nose, perfect cheek bones, sharp jaw line. His hair was light brown, lightened from plenty of sun exposure. It wasn't styled or cut any specific way, just kind of spikey in its own way... Bed head almost. 

"We don't want you to eat too much, we don't know how long you've gone without food. If you eat too much, too quick, you could get sick," he explained. 

She nodded, only half listening as she shoveled the food into her mouth, barely pausing to chew. She didn't even care that her tongue nearly blistered. 

She saw a slight look of worry on his face as he watched her eat, but it soon eased and he was smiling at her, pleased. She passed him the bowl when she was done; almost licked clean. She leaned back and closed her eyes.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, setting the bowl on the floor and moving to sit on the side of the bed. He put a hand to her forehead, checking for a fever. She wouldn’t have believed he would even be able to tell if her skin was warm. His hand emitted heat. A very comforting warmth that she missed as soon as he removed his hand.

She smiled. "Great." 

"This is your room while you're here," he said giving it a quick glance. "There's a bathroom in the back. I found some clothes I think might fit you. Don't kill me, or get offended if they don't. I am a guy after all. I'm not good with measurements." 

She chuckled and opened her eyes to examine the room. It was small, nothing fancy. Dark wood floors with beige wall paper and a wooden dresser. 

"We didn't hook you back up an IV," he said catching her attention again. "I didn't think you'd want that."

She shook her vigorously. "No, no needles." 

He grimaced. "We gave you an injection while you were asleep. Just some antibiotics and a mild pain killer. But you can take pills now. No more needles." 

A sigh of relief left her lips, along with a smile. 

"We cleaned your wounds too," he added. "The infection wasn't as bad as it looked. We have it under control now. Go take a shower, get cleaned up. I know you’re dying too." That playful smile gleamed. "I'll explain more once you're finished. I'll meet you back in here in about an hour." 

He wished her a short farewell and stood to go. 

"Tyko?" Larissa called, just before he opened the door. Tears glistened in her eyes. "Thank you for saving me."

He smiled back, eyes twinkling."No need to thank me," he said. "It was my pleasure." 

He gave her a wink and left her to shower. 

She paused, enjoying the warmth and comfort of the bed a few moments longer before she stood. She went to the door opposite the one Tyko disappeared through, assuming it was the bathroom. The faux gold door knob was cool against her hand. The bathroom was small as well. The colors matched the bedroom, dark wood floor and beige walls. The shower and toilet were white, as was the small sink. A pile of clothes sat on the counter beside the sink. But she wasn't interested in those at the moment. She was more interested in the mirror, or rather, the reflection in the mirror. 

She hardly recognized herself. Her face was a little slimmer than what she remembered. Harsh, dark circles rested under her eyes, her skin held almost no color behind the grime, and her hair was simply a mess. She turned to her side and lifted her hospital gown. She had always been thin, but she had definitely dropped a few unnecessary pounds while staying with the evil doctor. She could clearly see her hip bones and ribs. She cast a glance at her injuries. The ones on her arm were in perfect condition. She guessed the stitches would come out soon. Her bruises weren't as harsh as she thought; they were still a deep purple in the middle, but edges were turning yellow and green. Her leg looked completely different, and in the best of ways. It was back down to normal size. It was still a little red around the edges, but she figured that wouldn't last long. Turning away from her reflection, she put her attention towards the shower, adjusting the heat till it was perfect. She stripped from her disgusting hospital gown, throwing it in the far corner, and stepped into the shower. She closed her eyes; nothing had ever felt this good as the hot water ran down her body. She washed everything twice and some parts, three times.

 She never wanted to be dirty again.

 Even after she was clean, she just stood in the water until it ran cold, caught in an ecstasy state. Her knees were growing weak as she climbed out of the shower. She hadn't moved this much since running for her life. She toweled off hurriedly, wanting to get dressed before her exhausted body gave out. The bra, under wear, and tank top Tyko had dug up fit perfectly. But the sweat pants he brought were just a little too big. She wouldn't mention it though. Honestly, she wouldn't have cared if the clothes were ten times too big. She was happy as long as they were clean and not a scratchy hospital gown. 

She made it back to the bed before her knees buckled. She curled up into a ball on the bed with a smile plastered onto her face. She was already asleep when Tyko returned, but he wouldn't wake her... not yet. She needed to rest and heal. 



© 2015 Tabitha M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 26, 2015
Tags: fantasy, shapeshifters, romance