Lighting the Darkness

Lighting the Darkness

A Poem by Ron Newton
"

For those in need of guidance, in need of a light to show you out of that dark place you have been trapped in for so long.

"

 Lighting

           the

 Darkness



The fire burns the darkness from the serenity of my soul, the ashes slowly fading away, cleansing that which is me. My soul now reborn like a phoenix…, runs free, inspiring all to it’s grace. The flame nothing but a spark left in the bottoms of the soul mourns, the darkness ever returning closing in on the meek ember of the flame it used to be. Fear seethes deep within, My soul reaches out…, embracing the ember, kindling a dead flame…, the darkness corrupts the soul once again bringing feeling’s of crimson desire and forbidden nightmares. The soul long since lost in the ever darkness of itself weeps tears of broken sanity, longing for joy to leap back into it’s life. Slowly from the dark a light emerges, yet withered...it is bright a beacon to all who is lost, my soul…, hope reaches out to the glow, the faint light bursts from within incinerating all darkness from the soul, leaving nothing but itself and the soul in it’s wake. The flame a brilliant red grasps the hand reached out to it lifting it above the  world of the darkened hell. The Fire dances with my soul, together in the light a radiant glow emerges from the two merging to become one then I realize the Flame is my soul…, The flame is me.

© 2015 Ron Newton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015

Author

Ron Newton
Ron Newton

Lincoln, ME



About
My name is Ron Newton, I am 17 and enjoy writing in my spare time. I enjoy making my creations but I am willing to lend a helping hand or co-author, Personally I enjoy when people critique my work, it.. more..

Writing
Dementia Dementia

A Story by Ron Newton


RWBY-RP.com RWBY-RP.com

A Story by Ron Newton