This is...home.

This is...home.

A Chapter by TurtleNamedPeanut
"

Fate had him lose his family and left him to raise five pups. After a tiring day of work he heads home to find trouble on the way and is saved by the person he didn't expect to be the one he needs.

"

The hearth on the old and used stoned fireplace, or stove as some would call it, was smothered; the firewood charred and embers glowing mesmerizing the young ones. Our bellies full and satisfied for today, something that I was grateful for, tomorrow though... the unsure thought crossed my mind but was quickly pushed as fast as it had came into my thoughts. The darkened faces of the children made my chest pang sharply and I wished there was another way for us to live. The home we used to live was gone just like the elder members, the oldest being me still fresh at the age of eighteen years old. The world outside the forest was cruel and cold, especially after three years of being chased and pushed around by those who wanted to abuse us. Unlike the safety of the trees and warm fresh dirt, the ‘city’ as I've heard the non-shifters call it was loud and dirty. My older sister used to talk about the amazing wonders of the outside world as she studied. The beauties and wonders of it that made us all awe in wonder. If this was what she saw through her very own eyes I worry that the drop as a baby that she used to be teased about was actually much more serious that we had all thought. Not that I would be able to ask any of them now since all of my close family members are….gone. The despair suddenly filling my chest that left me gasping and unable to take a proper breath. The first panic attack in what seemed such a long time. The cries from the pups unable to knock me out of the panic attack but then again why would I want to return to the cruel world? My vision began to become spotted and dark. I could leave and see my family again and ...and….. No! I can’t do that! The children need me and wouldn't be able to survive without me. I cannot abandon them just like those who had ripped our family apart had left us. Holding my breathing, I was able to focus on a certain heartbeat against my ear as the bodies huddled against me.

“Are you okay now Uncle Stiles?” asked Daniel, the second youngest of the bunch at the age of eight. My sisters only child who was the exact carven copy of her who I felt a pang for in my chest every time I think about that night.

“Yeah sweet heart I’m fine. I just couldn't….”, I let out a sigh, “there was just too many thoughts on my mind.” I finished, a weak smile on my lips.

“Stiles! I told you to stop thinking like that-AND DON’T YOU DARE GIVE ME THAT LOOK!- I know exactly what you have been thinking about and I had already told you to meditate when you have too many thoughts in your mind!” reprimanded Lucy my cousin, and the second oldest of the bunch at the age of fifteen.

“Yeah! See Stiles we told you too before we ate but did you listen? Nooo~ you didn't did you?”taunted my twin cousins Emily and Cora, ages eleven, and little she devils at that.

“Stiles please try not to get really sick like...like last time…..” Oliver, another cousin of mine, silently trailed, bright green eyes watered with unshed tears. Only at the age of six he was the baby of the rascals. I felt guilty for even thinking those thoughts of leaving them. They had all seen me at my worst when I was low and still they cared for me. I couldn't let them live through the pain of losing someone they love again, not now when I know I can do something to about it. We all had already went through enough.

“Oh sweet heart,” I felt a pang at the sight and stuck my arms out, “Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to not let that happen again, okay?”, letting out a sigh I relaxed to calm my still racing heart.

“Come on guys! Group hug!” yelled Lucy.

Everybody squished against each other the bodies forming into one giant lump that was sure to be able to take down even the meanest monsters in the books that Oliver reads; something that I whispered into his ear, that made everybody giggle despite my very low whisper, but then again with all these super hearing ears who could keep a secret. Something that I had decided to try in hopes of not being heard and releasing some tension (which was a total fail and something I regret so much) and found out the answer to it after that one night which led to Lucy and the twins, her little students (something that I also regret since I had to leave for work and left the kids with her) giving me sly looks. The two younger boys had ended up asking me if I was in any pain last night and that I should let the nurse at their school check me, leaving me blushing as red as a tomato as I tried to reassure them that I was fine. 

Giving a shudder I was glad that it was in the past and that I hope that possibly one day we could actually be able to live in a house that had rooms far away enough from nosy little devils like the ones that I have on me, still squishing me and squirming like worms. Smiling fondly at the sight of them playing with each other as they moved onto the floor I felt warm and…. at home. 

Maybe we don’t have to actually own an overly large home, like a mansion. We most likely never will but it doesn't really matter. As long as we are together and safe then we are alright. Like the saying goes “Home is where the heart lies” and it’s right here in front of me. The children giggled and played. Playing like the pups they are and it doesn't bother me that this is all we have. It is enough, for now at least. It may not be a nice and very comfortable place-it's actually a dump- but it is enough to have a roof over our heads instead of the pounding cold rain on us. Although it won’t stop me from trying to work harder to get us a better place to live in. A permanent home for ourselves to live and have a place that we could come back to with every passing day. I just hope that everything goes okay without any problems coming to us. Though I just may have actually jinxed myself with that. Oh fudge.



© 2013 TurtleNamedPeanut


Author's Note

TurtleNamedPeanut
This is a re-post so sorry for the inconvenience.
Remember! The warning still stands. This is a yaoi so if you don't like yaoi then don't continue reading. Simple. Though I thank you for taking the time to read my fanfic. c=

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story, really inventive!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


TurtleNamedPeanut

10 Years Ago

Thank you 😊😄😁
-🐢

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on November 12, 2013
Tags: Stiles, Derek, Sterek, yaoi


Author

TurtleNamedPeanut
TurtleNamedPeanut

Somewhere in, TX



About
Sometimes I wish that I could in an open field, a nice blue sky above me, the day nice and warm and just contemplate. But just snuggling in a nice and comfy blanket and hiding in my bed from the cold .. more..

Writing