Chapter 2: Stiles' p.o.v.

Chapter 2: Stiles' p.o.v.

A Chapter by TurtleNamedPeanut
"

A walking zombie (I had first named it 'Lost' but I had forgotten about it and so I decided to leave it the way I had left it on Wattpad)

"

I couldn’t hold it in anymore. The anger and sadness rolling into one. The conflicting emotions battling inside all bottled into one container. One that was starting to crack from the pressure. Opening a crack that was, had, already existed from a the past that seemed so long ago. A dark time, one that I didn’t want to ever repeat. A dark time that I knew was repeating despite my denial and reluctance. One of loneliness, sadness, and the betrayal that once more another so called loved one has caused.

The lights flickered, dimly lit, against the dirty walls that once upon a time long ago could have been a cream white. The dirty toilet that could have been considered clean in the dark and the simple mirror on the wall for those to see their imperfections and wonder what had happened. Something that I was doing as I looked at my own imperfections.

The stranger in the mirror had pale skin, sickly and so unlike the time they used to have a healthy glow and rosy cheeks.The stranger tried to smile but seemed weird doing so; the smile cold and unfeeling. Unable to hold anymore the stranger let it go, expression grim. The skin stretched tightly across the cheekbones making their eyes scarily big from the noticeable malnutrition. Eyes that seemed so...empty and old for such a young face.

I couldn’t look anymore. The denial I held no longer able to be upheld. I knew that it was me and that I wished it wasn’t true. I couldn’t help the bitter amusement that formed as I thought what I wouldn’t do for a pepper up potion or a glamor spell right now. Some antidepressants and an energy drink would do though.

Turning on the faucet I splashed my face with cold water in an attempt to get rid of the tiredness and held onto the sides of the sink as the water dripped from my nose. My thoughts whirling as I tried to get them under control. My knuckles white from the tightened grip I had on the sink. The tension building in my shoulders and back, a pounding headache starting to form. My eyebrows furrowed as my body started to convulse. My heart starting to pound against my chest threatening to break out from the spot encaged in between my ribs. My breathing became labored as the tears started to from from the corners of my eyes.

“Bang!Bang!Bang!”, came the noise from the other side of the door causing me to gasp, “Hurry up in there! Others have to use the bathroom too!” the shrilling voice yelled.

“I..I’m going! Hold on!” I yelled back, voice shaking from the tenseness. My shoulder blades tired from the tightness in them. Letting my body unwind a bit against the sink I wished I wasn’t here. In this restroom, in this crappy desolate gas station, in this unknown area that I don’t know the name of and most of all in this situation. Sighing I knew I couldn’t stay in this bathroom for much longer and so I didn’t. Opening the door the shrilling woman had her hand raised about halfway, her eyes wide. That is until her thoughts caught up with the situation and grimaced. Except the problem was that I had caught something in her eyes before she had tried to mask it with anger. Pity. Something that I was tired and embarrassed of. So I quickly walked away before she changed her mind about her anger.

“Hey is there a place I can stay near here?” I asked as I neared the bald headed cashier who just stared at me. We had a staring contest for about a complete ten seconds when he finally answered.

“Well there is this place called Beacon Hills not far way from here.”, the boredness dripping from his words.

“Ha-Umm I mean how far is it from here exactly?” I asked slowly, my eyes squinting as my mouth curved into a grimace.There was not a single light in the far distance as I made my way into the desolate place.

“Umm……..”, complete silence as he stared into space, time that I considered walking away that is until he finally answered, “ It’s about seventy miles away give or take.” He finished, boring his eyes into mine. Unwilling to stay any longer I nodded and walked out.

The air was cool, in a refreshing kind of way that didn’t chill my skin nor was it hot enough for me to want to take off the jacket I wore. I hoped that the rest of the night will go as peaceful and relaxing as I felt right now.


© 2014 TurtleNamedPeanut


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry for the long chapter. I was going to make it shorter and not in first person but decided to just post this chapter to get it over with. To get on with a story that I've abandoned for some time.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 7, 2014


Author

TurtleNamedPeanut
TurtleNamedPeanut

Somewhere in, TX



About
Sometimes I wish that I could in an open field, a nice blue sky above me, the day nice and warm and just contemplate. But just snuggling in a nice and comfy blanket and hiding in my bed from the cold .. more..

Writing