Tempest

Tempest

A Poem by Tania Leigh
"

The weather inside is frightful

"

 

Rain drops falling rhythmically wash away my salty tears,

and gusts of wind graciously conceal my desperate cries.

Booming thunder drawing near forestalls my many fears as

lightning lifts away my pain then tears through troubled skies.

Darkness cloaks my worries and banishes them to the night,

but they will find their way to me before the break of dawn.

If the comfort I seek from the storm feels so safe and right,

why does the tempest within me feel perilously wrong?

© 2008 Tania Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this piece, I loved the questioning at the end. A great write!!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The destructive wind is far less destructive that the one inside....what a thought!!!
Actually, we are able to handle the natural tempest more efficiently than the emotional disasters, the tremors are so strong that the entire world around us go upside down.
We are so very incapable to fight the emotional turbulence which jeopardizes the irreparable.

Great write.Excellent.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What words more can be said? This is incredible! I love the formatting and the tone. The rhythm is perfect. Well done love! Very well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I often write long reviews, but it was just not what I am doing now. I really appreciated this particular poem of yours. I will probably have more thoughts about it later.

I keep having to drop back here again and again for multiple reads. I can't figure out what has captivated me so about this work. It is just rivoting!

Great write!

-Gabe

P.S. Wait! I knew what I wanted to say: 'Magnificent!"

P.P.S. That guy Roy seems to know what I was talking about. :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow thanks for that send Tania.

"If the comfort I seek from the storm feels so safe and right,
why does the tempest within me feel perilously wrong?"

Now thats a mighty good question. I love a good storm but not inside, at least not with the crashing of psychological warfare. But rather that wind you can hold your arms out to, that could lift you up, maybe.
This kind of works for me today.. Sorry to personify your work, but I got hit with the after affects of thunder I think and it was perilous indeed, I'm still quaking.




Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The storm outside cloaks tears fears and pain and the thunder conceals the cries of anguish and yet the storm within rages so menacingly and can't be quietened down...what a beautiful poem and so visually evocative!The weather within is indeed much more frightful than the storm raging without.The wild winds and the menacing sky attract me and yet when when its comes to the mind's sky we want blue serenity.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy
Wow, this is fantastic!! What an awesome approach you have taken to describe turmoil within. Your use of adverbs is awesome. The writing is very tight. Very impressive poem!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

804 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..