Once Again

Once Again

A Poem by Tania Leigh

 

Once again

I lay upon my bed

and helplessly succumb

to the power you have over me…

 

Once again

I cry, for I am overcome with

chills while you loom over me; an univited

guest in my sanctuary; a threat to my sanity.

 

Once again

I bury my face in my pillow, with my

body in a self – protective fetal curl. I shut my eyes

tightly and wish you away, but you  won’t go; Oh no,

no, no, instead you come and wrap me in a cruel embrace, and

 

Once again, I am yours.

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
My muse here is migraine.....it's not just a headache.....a headache is only a (common) symptom. It is a neurological syndrome and can cause all kinds of weird symptoms. My reference to "chills" is a symptom that I get and feels like the edge of hypothermia. The pic shows nails, which represents the "pins & needles" effect that affects only my left side, and a flower, which represents the good things in my life that can be overshadowed by the episodes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Once again you have an image in your writing - perfect tree - could this be the tree of life?
Headaches are the pits, migranes are a psychedelic travesty to our continued health. It isn't just the pain, it's everything else. Sorta like morning sickness and giving birth through the brain at the same time!

This is a cleverly written piece because it smacks of things other than a migrane, yet the clue is there in the third stanza

" I bury my face in my pillow, with my

body in a self � protective fetal curl. I shut my eyes

tightly and wish you away, but you won't go;"


This is a position and a statement migrane sufferers know too well.

A very good and clever write that without your explanitory notes would be read much differently - even so - it is an attack on you - you are being abused - not by a person but by the hell that is known as "migrane.

Jen - JG





Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

great writing. i feel the pain. i know what you feel. i too suffer from those little throbbing friends.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ouch! My dad would get those as when i was young, I've seen how they can literaly tear someone to pieces!
You have done well at showing just how painful, and opressing they can be!
Good Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh, Tania, this is such an expressive, wonderfully-written piece about something that must be horrible to be captive to. My heart goes out to you. I hope this menace has passed and returns infrequently, or nevermore.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Really? Damn. And you wrote it so well... I don't even know how to express, but just to say that it's a real great writing...

So, it's all good here...


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The inability to escape is definitely felt here and expressed so well. To the point of evoking a slight feeling of panic, having felt something similar. Not the migraine, but I read it as someone with a broken heart who cannot escape their own emotional despair. Either way, your very talented wording tells a story of being imprisoned in some sense.

Fantastic!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very sad.
You can get so many meanings out of this, but they're all so very sad.
It's any persons worst fear to have someone or something he can't escape from, even in his "sanctuary", as you called it.
This has a really great flow (I use this sentence a lot in my reviews, but it's one of the greatest complements I can think of).
Really moved me, while making my read very enjoyable.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like a visit from an incubus.. I can relate all too well I have suffered migraine attacks since child hood. One thing I can advise is to plunge your hands in ice cold water I have no idea why or how this works but it does for ivorme

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What an interesting way to represent a Migraine. I know first hand how much you suffer when one hits you Sis so I am very pleased with the way you were able to share that with your readers. I am sure we all felt your pain and can relate to the helplessness. Very nicely done.... I must admit though, had I not known your current frame of mind, I could have taken that one in a whole different direction which in itself is quite an amazing twist to put on a poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


I'm sorry you have migraine headaches. I've never had one ever. I hope you're not having one now.

I'm just spending time reading the top authors and their writings. Yours is unique, but I thought it had to do with some kind of ghost until I read your notes. Thank You for being honest. That was nice.

I hope to have a crime story on my site tonight. Maybe you can read it but please don't give a review yet. Just tell me what you think needs changed. I have to admit that someone referred me to you. He said you have a story I should read.

Oops, I just realized this is supposed to be a review...I'm sorry. But, I'll send it anyway. Next time I'll know better.

Have a nice night.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant.
Painful.
Very painful.
A great write.
Thanks for sharing.

~rupam
[ I too am a victim of its love..so I can say and feel how much it loves you,the pain of the love stricken migraine]

an awesome write though.

Bless you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1597 Views
63 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 7, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye