Let me go....

Let me go....

A Poem by Tasfia Islam
"

I believe that someday, you will learn to live without me...

"


I just don't wanna make you feel any worse
It makes me feel more like a corpse...

You always say that I'm perfect, I'm great
And that's what I mostly hate.....

I'm not that girl, not even a bit of it
I'm just a disaster which your heart doesn't want to delete...

Please forgive me, let me go...
Your heart will be fixed someday, but maybe real slow...

You are a diamond piece and I'm just a sand hue
Your brightness gives me a bit shine but can't make me diamond too...

We might have the same music taste and every other things quite similar
But still we can't drive our life with the same car....

Life is not so easy as you and your dreamy eyes see
It needs a perfect partner to move which I can never be....

So please forget me, let me go....
Your heart will be fixed someday, but maybe real slow.....

© 2014 Tasfia Islam


Author's Note

Tasfia Islam
I already put my heart in this poem....Every word carried one teardrop.... Hope you could feel the pain behind the words and make me believe that I succeeded to express.... please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In terms of being able to express it i say you did a good job. Not the exact words but I have been in the receiving end of the sentiment that your piece embodies.. im sorry but even now I cannot begin to understand why it ends relationships given that its used sincerely and not as an excuse. I mean if the emotion exist still between the two individuals why not let it flourish. Im not sure but the sentiment itself stems from the idea that person expressing it feels he/she is undeserving vessel for the other persons love and affection and for me its irrelevant since for most people when they fall in love the question whether the object of their affection is deserving of it never arises. Deciding whether one thing is deserving of another is an act guided by reason and logic two things which isn't exactly Love's strong point.. Sorry for the extra aggressive review the subject matter is just a bit too close to home for me ( I still have a lot to say on the matter but the review area is not the place) .. the fact that this piece is able to elicit such a response from me its reader means you were able to express the message with flying colors.. " It needs a perfect partner to move which I can never be...." one last thing about this line no existence is perfect. Even if it seems that were looking for that perfect someone each of have standards and lists of things that constitute " perfect " we habitually fall for people that dont match up the your so called standards. Personally I believe that we aren't really looking for the perfect partner but rather the partner that's perfect for us. P.S. Again i apologize for the lengthy rant.. and don't get the wrong idea I loved the piece it's just that i have a lot of bottled up opinions on the subject...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Well, sometimes love sticks in tough situations which can only be felt, but cannot be explained...An.. read more



Reviews

Wow I love the rhyming and flow of this poem! pen on!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you.... :)
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

My pleasure
You really poured your heart in to this poem. It is really emotional. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you... :)
honestly I could feel what you wanted to say.
letting things go is most difficult thing in life & you are doing that.
liked the way you put emotions in your words.
keep writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

thank you very much.... :)
Free author website
Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting. Try us! FREE
Raw, honest and tearfully painful. I really like it though...:)................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you.... :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).................
I adore the honestly and emotion you have instilled into this piece. The short and sweet stanzas, the ellipsis really carries me through to the end. Its a wonderful journey to be taken on, one of sadness, one I know all people can relate to. Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.... :)
First of all I love the way you synchronise your paragraphs. Two lines each.
Rejection. One of the most painful things. It can destroy hearts forever. Maybe they heal but like you said- real slow.
But I'd say that I felt you made yourself worthless in front of that person. If someone loves you, they will accept all your flaws. You don't need to be perfect to be loved. There's so much out there that will let you down and you yourself cannot be one of them.
This is what I think. Though this is nicely penned :) thank you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Well, there was a reason behind it....The girl in the poem says all of those things just as excuse.... read more
ouch this hurts the heart and the soul of a rejected lover but maybe its best because your to young to fall in love and done want heartache in your young life to mess it up. Innocent hearts take longer to heal when someone comes to steal. Its plain to see (Please forget me, Let me Go) To young for heartbreak or heartache let me mature. Loved this write as a writer your fantastic.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sir, I'm glad u liked it.... :)
I love the way you make your poems. 2 lines by 2 each time. It gives the reader time to think them over. Life isn't easy, you're right, but I've learned in my life of 58 years that's it's worth fighting for, for love and friendship and all the good things people can give. Never despair, there's always hope and a little rainbow at the end of the road. :) Rudi

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

:) Exactly..... I'm excited all the colors of life....I'm glad you liked it.... thank you... :)
Great job! As always! But sometimes, there are things we just can't let go like love.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

so true...... I'm glad you liked it... thank you... :)
Such an amazing piece of poetry! love this :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tasfia Islam

9 Years Ago

Thank you... :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 22, 2014

Author

Tasfia Islam
Tasfia Islam

About
I'm a girl......just a girl with lot of characters....I passed 15 years of my life and felt the sweetness and bitterness of this teenage.......Soon, i'll be 16 yrs......a lot of things are waiting for.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Someone Someone

A Poem by Tasfia Islam


Forgive Me Forgive Me

A Poem by Mazie


My Quill My Quill

A Poem by Colton Warr