Annabelle

Annabelle

A Story by Tasha Gower

Annabelle could feel the shadows inhabiting her fragile and weak body again, she shook with fear as everything began to crumple around her. She sobbed and screamed at the pain that was inside of her but it would not leave. She'd had enough of fighting now, so many years of bewildering distress and hurt had taken its toll on her body and more so her mind. She was crazed with this anger at herself for allowing it in, allowing it to have every bit of control over her, forbidding her of everything a normal person should have, friends, relationships, love. She was possessed by an evil that refused to give in, so Annabelle gave in instead.

The first few times she fought, fought for her sanity, fought for her mind and body, she thought she had won a few times, but it kept coming back for more. Every time she would degenerate a little more, give in a little more. The truth was, she was strong, a fighter, but this evil was stronger. It snuck up on her when she'd least expect it to, like a lion hunting a gazelle, stealthily and slowly, until it pounces and pierces its prey, letting go for nothing.

She lay on the bathroom floor, thrashing violently, she wanted it gone for good. She didn't know how it got here, how she got here, it was like her body wasn't her own, her thoughts were someone else's, her soul was tarnished beyond redemption.

Nothing could save her now. A creation of the Devil had been playing house in her, she didn't know how else to escape, she hit self destruct and it was over, it was gone, and so was she.

© 2014 Tasha Gower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intense storytelling, well done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Tasha Gower

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
Very interesting story. I would love to read more of it. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tasha Gower

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. More will be coming soon.
This was very well written. I would have liked to have read more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ianscull

9 Years Ago

I do. The beginning of Ms. Annabelle. Interesting. I have been working on a similar concept diff.. read more
Tasha Gower

9 Years Ago

I might just have to indulge in a little writing tomorrow! I was just about to read your work.
.. read more
ianscull

9 Years Ago

I'm looking forward to it. Take your time though. I think you have a real idea there with Annabell.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014

Author

Tasha Gower
Tasha Gower

Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom



Writing
...... ......

A Story by Tasha Gower


.... ....

A Story by Tasha Gower