Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by Tashida
"

An introduction to the story.... Enjoy!

"

Dear Reader,


                As your eyes trail across the words I have written, I must implore one not to allow one’s self to entertain the thought that this narrative will end happily (for the day to day life we are all forced to live rarely does).  I must also refer to you how imperative it is not to assume I will be alive by the time this narrative has been completed; for even now as I write, I can feel the sun shedding its last few moments of golden bliss upon me before plunging me into the eternal abyss which is formally addressed as death. Should one dare to continue reading, then one has fully accepted whatever outcome this narrative should end with, no matter how unpleasant.


                Now then, the tale with which I am about to inform one of is entirely true with no embellishment whatsoever, no matter how inconceivable the events may be. I fully understand if this may prove difficult for some to grasp; for even I, who lived through every bizarre moment which plagued the adventure still find some areas guilty of being rather difficult, very well near impossible, to believe. Nevertheless, everything which I write is true. I am also aware that some might find my untimely death, seeing as I have only aged 26 years, a bit unfair; however, I must ask one to rest assured that I embarked on the dangerous adventure fully aware of the consequences which would face me in the adventure’s aftermath.


                My name is Eliza Pemberton and the words which I write to you are my last words. I can only pray that my account of the tale reaches the public or this will all be for naught. However, I cannot permit myself to dwell on such thoughts at this point in time; for my heart seems to ache worse dwelling on such thoughts. All is well for now. I have consumed the bitter concoction of herbs and medicines, along with the sweet minty taste of peppermint so that I may stall my dawning demise long enough to write this.


Our tale begins as nearly any other would: Everyone is blissfully happy, completely unaware of the dangers that plague the road ahead. 



© 2017 Tashida


Author's Note

Tashida
Let me know if you guys think I should continue or change anything gramatically or.... well u get the point ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So... I definitely like it so far! However, there is one very, very, small thing. I'm getting an 1800's vibe (correct me if that's wrong), and in the 1800's, they wouldn't say they had aged 26 years, they would say they had aged six-and-twenty years...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! You've christened this story. I originally thought i'd do it in the 1800s .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017


Author

Tashida
Tashida

Lorman, MS



About
I am an aspiring writer. When I was younger, my sister gave me and my other siblings a bag filled with books. Seeing as how I did not have much to do, I often found myself turning to reading to ease .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tashida


Resurrection Resurrection

A Book by Tashida


My mask My mask

A Poem by Tashida