Outlines of a relationship

Outlines of a relationship

A Story by Tasi83












The man must have wondered for a long time why his girlfriend, who was incredibly pretty and always put a lot of effort into dressing and fashion, had moved out of his house overnight.

When he came home from work, he suddenly noticed that the familiar interior of the apartment no longer cherished the lady's scent, nor her personality - at most only the present, inhaling loneliness and emptiness, which in every case carry the tormenting absence.

It's true what's true! Harmonious, mutual respect and amorous love bound them to each other, even if their sex life - lately - has been a bit strange. While the girlfriend wanted to try new things, the man didn't like unexpected surprises at all and faithfully stuck to the rules set and discussed for hours, after which the template and the routine took over every little detail of their life to create the perfect control.

A few more years and both of them will reach the future stage of life, which is marked by light as the curse of middle age, and inevitably it will happen, or it happens that one or the other starts to climax, or there is a gate-closing panic, which for women should be thought about a little more consciously due to the furiously ticking biological clock, and they don't wake up, and there is the fact that they became fifty years old without children and a happy family community.

However, when she met her future boyfriend on a blind date at the time, she was even a little impressed by the advertising text about the modern, independent woman, according to which: a really into it, and Karakan girl has no particular need to get a "testicle" who pretty much spends her whole day just he spends it lounging, watching TV, or surfing the Internet, and his creative brain work is mostly limited to regretting his own wasted youth and glooming over how much he has lost. She even remembered that the song "Linger" by The Cranberries was playing, to which it was so good to slow down or just imitate the dance, especially if the guy is, say, club-legged. But it didn't bother him at all, he just wanted to be asked to dance, which he eventually did. He asked his hesitant, half-hearted partner for a ride.

It was the man who, from the very beginning, was unable to believe that such a real wild cat bombshell, incredibly sexy woman could want anything from a man working in a fast-food chain earning little, who pretty much only writes prose texts in his free time and as a hobby, or rather poetry for personal use only. Rather, it was the beginning that was difficult.

Since his father was almost never able to show his true emotions, and his mother was also a bit at war with emotionality, he soon learned that it was in the family, which is better not to talk about. It took about eight or ten months until his girlfriend, after a romantic dinner, was finally able to accurately see the complex psychological mechanisms behind things and facts.

"Honey!" I'm by your side in everything! If you need more time, no problem! I will be patient! Let's solve things together! - he believed her, because her voice was so honest, which seemed almost unimaginable in the modern age, when everyone just lies in the media and on the Internet.

The man lowered his head shyly, with naive childishness, just like in his childhood, when he thought that his parents' constant yelling and small-scale quarrels all erupted because of him.

Although the young girlfriend was really fond of surprises and chased the unexpected, or, as the case may be, unexpected situations without extremity, the man liked it when everything went on in the usual, predictable way.

His girlfriend loved branded, expensive, unaffordable perfumes, cosmetics, and bags, which his meager salary - even if they wanted to live and pay the bills - was never enough for her. But instead of the girlfriend being satisfied with this after a while, she came up with the strange idea of ​​giving the man money and buying a gift with it. The most important password is the power of surprise.

This is how it happened that on holidays and around Christmas, the man either started to cross the city to find the most perfect gift for his partner, or he tried to place his well-thought-out order online at a reliable online store.

"I can't wait to see your present honey!" I also prepared a surprise for you! - she smiled joyfully with mischievous, beguiling eyes, like a little girl who is sufficiently frivolous and yet able to control everyone as she pleases with easy manipulation.

Finally, Christmas Eve came and they gave each other gifts. The man also improvised a couple of children's poems for the occasion, and although deep in his soul he constantly felt that he could not give everything to this fantastic woman who chose him, it can be safely said that they were happier together than when they had not yet known each other.

The girlfriend was always skilled with sophisticated, secret feminine practices, which could be used to successfully avoid serious and hearty quarrels. The man had already heard how it went between his parents enough times, while the girlfriend had no desire at all for anyone to suddenly, without any further explanation, say a word or talk. Still, how could he even think of moving away from the great love of his life, who could see things like perhaps no one else?

One night, when she was in the office until late at night because she suddenly had a lot of paperwork, she let one of her more macho, sportier-looking colleagues surround her and flirt with her. Although he was firmly against workplace affairs and make-believe relationships, perhaps excessive regularity or routine whispered in his ear and told him that sometimes it's okay to break the rules. This little incident was not revealed later, although the man had always been a little suspicious. After all, if someone has a girlfriend who puts supermodels to shame, that's where the ancient danger of temptation is greatest. But since he trusted his girlfriend perfectly, the matter remained that way.

Later, the man was invited by some of his former high school classmates to the graduation meeting, and while his former classmates couldn't help congratulating him and saying words of appreciation that he was a dirty guy, that he managed to find such an ultra-hot girl by his side, he unexpectedly approached one of his classmates, who was nice to him at the time and didn't tease him, and honestly confessed his suspicions that his girlfriend must have cheated on him at least once.

- My dear friend! No need to worry about it! Always listen to your heart! You also know that your heart is rarely wrong! Let her admit it or tell you what happened. - answered her good friend, who was already married and did not regret her decision for a single moment.

The man accepted the wise advice and asked no more questions. Later, it was the girlfriend who, while eating her breakfast in bed, grudgingly admitted with the shyness of a little girl that she wanted adventure and excitement, and that's why she had a small affair with one of her colleagues, but she firmly stated that she did not sleep with him.

"Honey!" You also know that I love you alone! he apologized. "You know... just..." all the emotions he could ever express were grouped in his doe eyes. Self-mutilation, remorse, and loss for hurting a priceless person with whom they were one soul. They are true soul mates.

It was only then that the man became aware of everything after the shocked realization that he was doing something wrong if his beautiful girlfriend did such a thing. He stood up, then started pacing nervously up and down the room, while constantly looking at what he could have done wrong, and what she could have done wrong. A few self-evident drops of sweat already ran down his chubby, childish face.

It took a long time before he dared to speak. He felt that judging the woman he loved was worse than any decision or pity.

"What do you think I should say to that?" - he stopped in front of her, and now he seemed much more vulnerable, much more defenseless. on his elongated figure, it is as if he no longer has temporary excess weight.

"Honey... I... something is missing from our relationship..." honesty is the best weapon. The woman confessed, and on the basis that everything can be discussed, she decided to spread her cards.

"I realized that too!" If you feel like you have to go, then go! �" the man had never been so thoughtful in his entire life. At the same time, he felt as if he was calculating his responsibility, or the weight of the consequences. It's as if the eternal child at heart has imposed an adult role on himself.

"I have to go away for a few days... it will be better to think about many things alone..." the woman looked extremely sad and sorrowful, and it really broke his heart that he had to see her like this. Yet now he couldn't stop looking again meticulously and precisely into those all-seeing button eyes, which were both eloquent and yet mysterious and seductive.

"You know… I still feel that you are very important to me and I imagine my life with you." I'm not forcing you to do anything! The most important thing in this case is to decide carefully and thoughtfully.

In the early morning of the next day, the man was already up for a long time, because he was unable to sleep a single wink during the night. He kept going over and over what he heard from his girlfriend. It's as if there is an automatic player in his brain, which constantly projects before his eyes the happy and sad memories of the months spent together. You have to stick with this woman! You can't just let it go, even if you feel and know that now you need time and understanding patience in any case. At the same time, if you clung to him spasmodically and violently, in the end it is still possible that he will break up and leave this relationship. And looking at it, that would be pathetic and mournful.

He made strong coffee, but didn't miss the milk because his girlfriend liked it that way. He hesitated for a long time whether to spend it or just bring his latte and simply leave it on the bedside table next to their large bed. In the end, he decided on the latter.

She was very grateful that despite cheating on him, he was still in love with her and taking care of her carefully. He felt that he was filled with new emotions after a terrible day. As soon as she drank her coffee, she quickly put on a summer dress, and when she packed everything, she walked out the front door.

"I think it will be better for you too if we say goodbye here!" he kissed her. "Please…give me time…"

"If you need it..."

The woman entered the elevator and did not look back. The man burst into tears and spent most of his day crying and sobbing intermittently, but he tried to take care of his work as much as he could.

Two weeks later, she called him on a landline. He said that for the time being he was staying temporarily at the apartment of one of his girlfriends and that he misses her very much. Both felt that hope had reawakened, so now the most important thing would be to at least not let the hard-earned trust go to waste again.

"May I ask when you would like to come home?" he asked a cautious question.

- …As soon as possible! Please be patient! I love you more than anything…

The man later repeatedly played back the voice of the woman he loved on his answering machine. He always found in it some special gift to be discovered. His voice, his melody, his organ. If he could have been a composer, he would have composed a dripping love melody like the old masters.

It took more than a month before the lady came back.

He deliberately did not take the elevator to their upstairs apartment, but the stairwell, which - perhaps - took much longer on purpose, but it was perfectly suited for a person to consider all possible alternatives or contingencies in detail. So that you don't get any unpleasant surprises.

The man rushed in front of her as usual and took her suitcases and bags without a word. They hugged each other for long minutes and it was nice to slow down the acceleration of the moments.

"Honey!" I missed you so much! she looked up at the man lovingly. This inner feeling was so different now, as if she were a simple girl again who was just starting her real life. - I'm in love with you! I want to be with you!

"I missed you too!" - maybe it would be better if he didn't ask if the woman managed to clarify her confused thoughts and the real reason for her unhappiness.

The next day they went for a hike to a wooded clearing, a nature reserve of sorts, and were very happy to find each other again and what they thought they had lost.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on May 11, 2023
Last Updated on May 11, 2023
Tags: contemporary, epic, short prose, prose short story, narrative

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing