A Lack

A Lack

A Story by Tayler
"

Please answer this

"

Why is there a lack of compassion? Why are people so evil that they screw over another human being for their own selfish reasons? If anyone could answer this with please do so before I melt down. Why does money mean more then a human life?

© 2009 Tayler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

most people don't know what it means for every day values, especially cherishing life. usually, a life threating experience is the only way people actually become fortunate of what they have in front of them. most of us today, always thinks about our wants instead of needs. their's a huge difference of the two.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just the fact that you ask such questions is our evidence that the hope for a world of change will never die. This is inspirational.

Posted 13 Years Ago


to say it's human nature isn't a justification for it, rather a classification. people seem to think selfishly, it's always been that way. the lower of the mentalities do it the worst. the greatest of charecters who understand that life is valueable are people like ghandi and mother terisah. but you can find everyday people who get that concept as well. it's just the lower the mentality of people, the more you see it. they can't possibly understand what true value is especially in human interaction. instead they are like a monkey understanding that if they have money they can get what they want in life and that it will please them that they got it. totally unaware of the value they could have in someone else or something bigger than materialistic things, or they just can't comprehend anything bigger than that simply cuase they are too stuck up, selfish, stubborn, or just flat out doomed to never have such a higher intelect.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I life's a b***h. And the worst part is, you gotta live it. Everyday.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If you're asking why some people are good and others are evil, then what defines good and evil? More importantly, who defines good and evil? Something that seems evil according to Western moralities may be encouraged by other systems of belief. Morality is often more a branch of geography and history than it is a divine hand-me-down. So much of the Islamic and Judaic - and technically also Christian, though not so much followed - "laws" laid down in Deuteronomy originally came about out of necessity. A case in point, albeit a somewhat controversial one, would be the prohibition of homosexuality. In smaller communities there would've been a need to repress this life-choice to ensure that there would be heirs to continue the tribe. Much of morality came about for practical, selfish reasons.
Even if we assume the premise that good and evil are defined by, for example, the Judaic tradition, then the simple fact is that people no longer care about this so much as they one did. If god is supposed to be a manifestation of our fathers, then the human race is entering its teenage years. We've enough of a recorded and known history behind us to feel secure in rebelling.
And why does money mean more than human life? Simple answer: because we make it worth more. At a purely Darwinian level, keeping a random person alive is less likely to help us survive as an individual than profiting from their death. In the long term this may not be true, but few people think like that. If you had the choice to let a random person die, but in exchange you got happiness and prosperity for everyone you knew, wouldn't you take it?
I don't believe that anyone is truly good or evil, for what little my opinion is worth. It's just that we're on different plains of thought.

Posted 14 Years Ago


most people don't know what it means for every day values, especially cherishing life. usually, a life threating experience is the only way people actually become fortunate of what they have in front of them. most of us today, always thinks about our wants instead of needs. their's a huge difference of the two.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

People are born with good and bad within. There is a constant struggle between the two to emerge. As the years have passed society has found it easier to just go with the flow and not worry if it hurts someone else. They are taught from grade school on that they are special and deserve to have all that they desire. They have not learned the basics of respect for themselves let alone for others. The mature one is a person such as you who can ask this question and seek an answer. The selfish and eogtistical dimwit thinks they have all the answers and they revolve around their self-satisfaction. You may feel they are getting away with a lot, but in the long run you will move more freely and be loved more by the world than them. Use caution when trusting others. Throughout the centuries there has always been the scarfers, that is the person that steals from you emotionally and physically to feed their own ego. You will learn to recognize these people and then be able to avoid them. Hope whatever happened passes for you quickly.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

not to certain there is an actual answer to that. depressing as it is. seems the world grows colder and colerd, more and more selfish as time goes on. its a shame but its a reality. im thinking we just need to keep this in mind, be aware of it, perhaps be a bit more cautious. more stringent wehn it comes to trusting people. *shrugs*

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2009
Last Updated on October 9, 2009

Author

Tayler
Tayler

About
Contrast... I can describe myself in a contrast of absract colors. The contrast of abstract colors represents the flow and movement of my mind. It moves subconsciously, like a river, creating sh.. more..

Writing
The Starkiller The Starkiller

A Story by Tayler



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pulse Pulse

A Chapter by Pugglove


Circles Circles

A Poem by Tayler