Chapter 1: Mother and daughter argument

Chapter 1: Mother and daughter argument

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

        The bright early sun rose in the east shining down on the wolves in this small pack.This pack consisted of twelve wolves. The leader Malik, his mate Fiona. They were both lone wolves at the start, but later as time drew near many wolves thought living with other wolves could mean hope. Wolves were very social creatures. Malik and Fiona came up with the idea as they had their first litter. They invited friends to stay with them. Many wolves still lived alone such as Lone wolves.

      Melina was in this pack. So was her mother, Holly. Her two older sisters Akari and Maria. Melina never knew her father. They all didn't. Holly never told them when they asked she would reply 'forget about him' or try to change the subject-which works.

Melina didn't really care any longer. She as a young she-wolf was working on one thing and that's becoming a medical wolf like her wonderful grandmother, Belinda. She was actually going there right now. Her mother was grooming her fur to make her look nice.

   ''Mom, can we make this quick?'' Melina urged with a groan. ''I don't want to be late anymore.''

    ''Oh quiet,you.''Holly said playfully.''Mother's going to be happy to see you cleaned and groomed.''

    ''But mom,Granny don't care about cleanness.She only cares if I'm late or not.''

      ''Hold still I'm almost finish.''Holly said.She licked her daughter between the ears and on her face.Her sisters Akari and Maria were snickering.

      ''Shut it!''Melina growled.''It's not funny!''

      ''Look at you,''Akari teased.''Getting all dolled up!''

      ''You'll look impressive!''Maria added.Holly ears shoved forwards as she told her daughters to hush,but Melina knew something was going on when her sisters start saying something she had no idea what they're talking about.

      ''Mom-what's going on?'' Melina stared at her mom,intently.

      ''Sweetheart,nothing's going on.Just be still.''Holly smile.''Let me get done cleaning up,''

     ''Wait mom,you haven't told Melina about-''Maria was interrupted.

     ''Hush,young one!''Holly snapped and immediately went back to her old self.''Look,I didn't mean it.Melina you stay here while your sisters go out and find something to do,''

     Akari and Maria immediately went into submission posture with their tails between their legs.''Sorry mom,''They both murmured before walking out the small den they all shared.

      ''What's going on?''Melina asked as she felt her mom tongue glide over her body.''Mom you can tell me-what is it?I demand to know!''

       ''You demand to know?''Holly repeated.

       ''Okay,sorry.Please tell me.I'm old enough to know!''Melina thumped her tail on the dirt ground.''Please mom,please!''She begged.

      ''Alright,alright.Stay still.''The mother instructed. Holly licked Melina's belly and around her neck. ''Sweetheart try to stay clean for tonight alright?''

     ''What for?''Melina asked anxious.''Someone special?''She rolled on her stomach.Her ears were pinned on the back of her head as she stared at her mother.

      Holly was a light brown wolf with yellow piercing eyes.At night some say her eyes glow.She looks similar to Belinda except for the white on her underbelly it was all light brown. Melina's sisters Akari and Maria. Akari was more white then a golden brown. She was very pretty with artic blue eyes and an elegant muzzle and walk.She was the oldest of the sisters.Their sister Maria was short.Maria was mostly a golden brown all over her body.She had white patches all over her fur.Her eyes were yellow like Holly.

   ''Yes a special someone.-''

    ''Really who?The pack leaders are coming to our den?''

  ''No,not the pack leaders,but...Ian.''Melina ears fell back all the way to her head.Her muzzle dropped closed. She got nose-to-nose with her mother.

    ''Why him?You know I don't like that raggedly excuse for a wolf!''

    ''Melina!''Holly scolded.'' Haven't I taught you better. We don't judge another wolf by its fur. Apologize.''

    ''But mom!-''

   ''Apologize!''Her mother said more sternly.

   ''I'm sorry.''Melina rolled her hazel eyes.

   ''Mean it,young lady! If you don't I have to let you stay inside and not go over mother's den,''

     ''I'm sorry!''Melina whimpered.''I really mean it this time!''

     ''Good.''Holly started licking her daughter's fur to straighten it out.''Be clean by tonight.Ian is picking you up-''

      ''Where are we going?''

     ''On a date.I told him it's okay,''

    ''But I didn't say it was okay!''Melina protested.''He's to cocky for me! He's so full of himself!''

     ''Oh be quiet,Melina! Give him a chance!''

     ''I did when I first met him,''Melina whispered.Apparently her mother heard her.

     ''Why do you dislike him so much? One day you're going to find a mate.You're that age now.I'm only working out your future.''

      ''Mom this is not my future! Why are you pressuring me into finding a mate?! When the time comes,it comes.This is Bullmastick!''Melina cursed and stormed out the den without saying goodbye to her mother.

   Holly gasped. Never in all her life had her daughter cursed like that.'Bullmastick' was a term wolves use out of frustration. It was never really use because it was an abandon word left unsaid after years ago.

  Akari stepped in the den.''Mother are you alright?I heard what happened.''

    ''I'm fine.She didn't mean it.She's only frustrated.Yeah...so umm,where is your sister,Maria?''

    ''She's with Jaca,mother.''Akari said facing away from her mother looking out at the sunrise. 



© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on December 18, 2013
Last Updated on December 18, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing