Chapter two

Chapter two

A Chapter by Tanya

Chapter two

Tristan stood by the French doors that led to an outside balcony on the third floor. He stared out into the rain. His mind fogged from the sleep that still claimed his body. He couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right. The house felt out of place. There was something new or was it someone.

He listened carefully through the doors, down the stairs and past the halls. He heard the footsteps climb the staircase. He let his mind race past Mr. Potter to Mrs. Potter that walked down the small hallway. He felt it stronger there behind the door. A heart beat in the study. He forced his mind to pass through the door and see who the intruder was.

“A woman,” he hissed.

 He let his mind dance over her body that sat in the chair by the fire. He wouldn’t stand for it. She was not welcome, and he would make sure that she would leave this place, and never come back. He let his mind stand before her, like a ghost that watched her about to make his move. He stopped himself when he caught a glimpse of a tear escape her eye.

He pushed back taken by her beauty. There was something about this one. A sorrow that filled within her. She reminded him of someone he once loved. He let his ghostly presences watch her for a few seconds more before he heard the sound of Mr. Potter outside his door.

“Tristan! Sir, you are up?” the elder man said when he caught Tristan at the door. Anxiety filled the man’s voice as he entered the room and closed the door behind him. “I expect you slept well?” he asked the question hoping that Tristan hadn’t realized the presences of another human in the house.

“Who is she, and what is she doing here?” his voice came out as a low rumble, loud enough for Mr. Potter’s ears alone. He continued to stare out the window into the threatening sky that flashed with lightening.

“To tell you the truth, I’m not sure who she is, Sir.”

“You don’t know who this woman is, and yet you leave her unattended, free to do as she wishes,” Tristan’s voice filled with anger. He entrusted his life to Mr. Potter to watch over him, to guard his body while he slept the daylight away. In addition, he awakes to find a woman in his home, unsupervised.

“Forgive me sir, I told Angie that it wasn’t a good idea that this girl be here,” he vowed, as he walked over to Tristan and handed him a large goblet filled with a crimson colored liquid.

A small laugh escaped his mouth. “Ha, Angie always sees the good in people, doesn’t she?” Tristan couldn’t take his anger out on Mrs. Potter. He was grateful to her for giving up her life to protect his. He saw the woman almost as a mother. He laughed again at the thought of Angie being his mother. He was more than one hundred fifty years older than she was. If anything she could have been his great granddaughter.

“Tell Angie to set four seats tonight for dinner.”

Shocked Mr. Potter asked concern filled inside him. “Four seats, Sir.”

“Yes four, I will be joining you tonight and our new guest as well.”

With a nod of his head, Mr. Potter turned and left. Tristan crossed the room to where a huge wood dresser stood, pulling open one of the drawers and took out a pair of black dress pants and a crisp white button down shirt. He would present himself to the woman that had now become a guest at Wakefield manor.

He would meet his guest and if anything, he would be a respectful host for a night or so. When the storm pasted, she would be gone and he wouldn’t need worry about his safety or his secret. Nevertheless, he would be a fool if he didn’t meet her first to be certain that she was truly here because of some misfortune.



© 2015 Tanya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, now I'm even more intrigued. When I first read this and saw there were only three chapters, I was worried because i was afraid it would go unfinished but you wrote this recently so there is still hope haha! I really hope you do continue this because I am in need of something new to read in this genre. I write vampire stories myself, so It's great to see what other people are doing with that trope :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tanya

8 Years Ago

Chapter four and five should be up in a few days, maybe even chapter six if I find the time to edite.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015
Tags: Vampire, romance


Author

Tanya
Tanya

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Writing has always been my greatest hobby. The stories in my mind, I love to put down on paper. Am I a author, I don't believe so! I'm more of a storyteller. My editing isn't the greatest. However, I .. more..

Writing
Acid tears Acid tears

A Poem by Tanya


Fake chick Fake chick

A Poem by Tanya


Something more Something more

A Poem by Tanya