Let's Keep the peace.

Let's Keep the peace.

A Story by Terohime

" Why do we need to be vipers in a world of fire,"

               Hello everyone, i have recently been seeing a lot of negative reviews around the site. Reviews that are hurtfill to the authors who have received them. Also i have noticed that there are posts about hating another person. I understand your poetry expresses how you feel at that point in the day, but if you can try to refrain from posting topics that can hurt anyone please do.

I have started a Group called Keep the Peace. This group is all about Cleaning up Writers cafe to make this a site that everyone can enjoy. We do not use harsh words, if we find a review that is directly ment to hurt the author, and not just a friendly criticism flag the post. If some one joins the group and comes across a review that they are not sure if it was meant to hurt the author or just a friendly criticism. Message me and I'll check it out.

I hope that all of you consider in helping us out. and Together we can make this place a better site to be on.

~your friend Res
"When the world is already burning  down!"
~An original Quote by Resnera

© 2013 Terohime


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Terohime
Here is the link to the group, copy and paste in in your Url to get to the groups home page.

~Your friend Res

http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/Keep-the-Peace/9729/

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at anytime.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I appreciate the sentiment and understand how laudable your motives are, Res, but I truly believe the setting up of a pressure group, vigilante group, police group...call it what you will...will ultimately be counterproductive. Feelings may be hurt short term, but I sincerely believe things will work out OK if everyone just simmers down. P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your review, but it is not a police group it is a group to promote kindness in reviews, a.. read more



Reviews

Wow....what a great write. I like the suggestions a lot. I agree totally. There are some odd ones here aren't there?



Posted 11 Years Ago


One day heat index say 109, I was purple hot ,Rope in hand, my wife's Big Billy goat had taken a pair of the neighbors does down to the " Millcreek Baptist Church", I guess he was Mormon and wanted a couple more wives,But there "Billy" met up with his reflection in the churches thick glass doors, and it was head butt war ! Horn glass door,Door glass Horn...
Enter me and my rope, around and around the church we went, turning ourselves to Sambo
Tiger butter, then slow The Impala chevy, slow riding low, the migrant,or Espanola impersonator, eyes dark, lids low his window rolled down and he slowed to comment on my plight, Billy panting, me boots hat rope all wilting, I heard him say mexican way.."Goooood Luck", Mother Mary Lady Guadalupe, I thought as he drove away....my loop settled around the billies devil horns.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think you have good intentions and I'm glad to see you're concerned about the site, yet, I'm curious to know how you are going clean it up and in what way you are going to help those writers affected?

I couldn't help but notice how this was written.

We do not use harsh words, if we find a review that is directly ment to hurt the author, and not just a friendly criticism flag the post. If some one joins the group and comes across a review that they are not sure if it was meant to hurt the author or just a friendly criticism. Message me and I'll check it out.

I'll try to rephrase this paragraph just to make sure I understand what you just wrote.

We do not use harsh words. If we find a review that is directly meant to hurt the author with unfriendly criticism, we will flag the post. If someone joins our group and comes across a review that is a vague mix of hurtful words and friendly critique, message me and I'll check it out.

By rephrasing this, I'm now wondering if I'll be flagged? Do you think I'm being hurtful or just trying to figure out what you just said? In other words is this a vague mix of hurtful words I'm writing or just a friendly critique?

I would think if someone wrote something hurtful, it would come across pretty clear? I myself, have flagged people in the past with no results, so I'm guessing as a group you are going to message each other and flag a writer at the same time? That seems odd to me and reflects the view Pete has just expressed. You say you will give advice. I take it you have experience with this type of thing then?

As I said in the beginning, I'm sure you mean well, I'm just trying to figure out how you're going to 'clean up' the site?

In case your still wondering, this is a friendly review.





Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your review, i know the difference between criticism and just out right hurtful reviews. .. read more
What a great idea, may your group flourish

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks you, i hope you join the cause also.
~Res
I think this is a movement that we can all accept and support in the interest of making this corner of our world a better place.

Thanks for leading the charge!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I appreciate the sentiment and understand how laudable your motives are, Res, but I truly believe the setting up of a pressure group, vigilante group, police group...call it what you will...will ultimately be counterproductive. Feelings may be hurt short term, but I sincerely believe things will work out OK if everyone just simmers down. P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your review, but it is not a police group it is a group to promote kindness in reviews, a.. read more
if only...i have been on many sites...and there have been wars there too..it is unfortunate...poetry should be about anything but verbal wars and competition..

it is about spreading and sharing the words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the Review.
~Res
jacob erin-cilberto

11 Years Ago

well hopefully things will die down, and get peaceful...

if you have a spare moment...w.. read more
Wow, I'm with you there. People shouldn't act like that...we're hear to praise others, to give them vonstructive critism, not harm them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Silhouette

11 Years Ago

*constructive* darn typos
People need to know the difference between creative criticism and just plain being mean. Bless this post.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nobel sentiment.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks
~Your friend Res

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

541 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013

Author

Terohime
Terohime

south central, KY



About
I am a mother of two wonderful girls. Living an average life with a few twists and turns here. Taking time and writing is what i enjoy the most. Often it is my best way of expression. To sit back, rea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Terohime



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


world world

A Poem by blueseeker