Seizing White

Seizing White

A Chapter by TerumiF

After what seemed like days, Adam awoke to the sound of a man and woman talking. They sounded cold, brutal and merciless as if when they were trained they were taught to speak like they killed and murdered innocents cold blooded.

Adam was laid down on an ice cold metal slab, the kind he knew from previous experience, were used for experimenting and dissection of test subjects.

 

 "He's failed us" growled a voice, with wild tyranny floating around his words, that Adam thought he recognized.

"NO! he achieved the aim we gave him" replied a woman's voice, agitated yet calm.

 I know these voices...it's her!.

 

Adam felt around with his hands extremely cautiously, while they spoke of him.  Adam knew that whatever conclusion they came to, they weren't to be trusted. They thought he was asleep.

It should remain that way he felt.

 

His hands were tied loosely but his feet were free. Adam used the technique his young mother had taught him before their capture.

So wise she was, so beautiful.

He slowly moved his fingers in a left and right pattern, swiftly enough to avoid their eyes yet still practically enough to open the knot.

 

The man and woman kept talking, Adam knew that he would have to find the perfect time to escape because these two envoys were, he presumed, clever, quick and barbaric.

 

"Yes. I know. But what he did was sloppy and not up to our standards. Don't you get it Terry?"

 

"I understand what you're saying but we need a new agent and he was the most qualified and quickest out of all those we've examined" she said.

 

Oh yes I am thought Adam, sneaking a smile in between.

 

"Maybe. But that doesn't mean that there wont be any other superior, worthy people crossing even your calibre"

taunted the man.

 

yikes...

 

"But, but..." She seemed to stutter as if unable to defend herself. Not because she couldn't but more professedly like she had an abundant amount of respect for a man who dismissed her every action.

 

"And his approach was old school and disseminating." said the man's voice with a harsh and dominating snarl.

 

It has to be red coffee...it's the scary fellow figured Adam.

 

"yes, I see...then we must eliminate him, as quickly and neatly as possible . He knows of my cover and he is a hindrance hence. " said her voice.

 

what a loving girlfriend I have...and to think I almost pitied her right now

 

 

This was it, no better time than to escape from his own murder.

 

Adam got up with a jolt. Pounced at the man, pushed him down and slashed the woman with the sharp metal rope that held his hands earlier. He had caught them off-guard. Shocked, both of them were deprived of their usual strength and agility. Adam had attacked, saved himself skilfully. His mother would be proud of him, he knew.

 

Good... now to run away

 

Adam ran towards the first door he could find. Expeditiously, with only absconding in his mind.

Not thinking of whether that door could lead out of this cruel domain or just lead him deeper into it.

 

The woman started to stand up, with brilliant agility, to run towards Adam, 

kill him maybe, when the man caught hold of her arm, tightly and pulled her back.

 

"Let him go" said the man with a sinister look in his eyes.

 

Adam encircled the door knob with his fingers and opened the white painted door.

 

He looked ahead at the hall in front of him.

 

What the f**k...

 

He couldn't believe his own eyes. Never had he seen such a thing.

Unsettled not because of a beauty so outstanding but rather due to the baffling sight that he had only read about or seen in movies of pure fiction.

 

He stood before a never ending corridor, a passage so prolonged, so cadaverous. 

Extremely white and asylum like, with thousands of doors , millions maybe , absolutely the same. 

 

The same white, the same exact size, duplicated shape and distinctively identical texture.

Replicas standing at a distance of maybe two feet from each other all throughout the hall.

 

Where each led, Adam had not a single clue. 

 

I was definitely not seeing this in my future...  Adam thought as he closed the door behind him.

 



© 2014 TerumiF


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

121 Views
Added on August 23, 2014
Last Updated on August 23, 2014
Tags: thriller, Mystery, Suspense


Author

TerumiF
TerumiF

India



About
Writing isn't just words to me, because writing takes me to another world. A world where writing is a path to peace, expression, relief and love. SO I WRITE. I DREAM, & I BELIEVE. believe with.. more..

Writing