The Johto Trio; Chapter 1: The New Bark Trio

The Johto Trio; Chapter 1: The New Bark Trio

A Chapter by Danny
"

Naomi, Fletcher, and Danny, our young heroes, make their way to Professor Elm's laboratory to begin their Pokemon journey.

"

The dense and vast forests of Johto were broken up by townships where humans had nestled together and built small communities where Pokemon trainers often left from.  In the southern part of the country, an overgrown forest path lead to a small village made of wood houses.  A shiny, futuristic laboratory rose a story over the rest of the village.  This was the lab of the renowned Pokemon Professor, Jason Elm.  This town was called New Bark.


Today was April 27th, which was known in the village as Trainer Registration day.  Since the events following a boy named Red, the trainer registration age had been raised to 14 as to keep younger children out of danger.  Three kids in the village turned 14 this day.


  There was Danny who woke up at 5 a.m. in a cold sweat and hadn’t slept since.  He rode his collapsable bike steadily, slightly standing on the pedals as he glided down the pebbled road of New Bark, hesitantly embracing the significance of today.  


There was Fletcher, who woke up at 8 this morning, and left his house feeling incredibly prepared and incredibly nervous.  He gripped the handle of his bicycle tightly and darted quickly across town towards the lab, secretly hoping to get there before his friends.

There was Naomi who was still sleeping.  Her intense excitement of getting her first Pokemon exhausted her and she sprawled out in her bed snoring loudly.  Her alarm would go off soon, but she won’t wake up for awhile yet.  


Fletcher reached the lab first, panting as he excitedly jumped off of his bike and let if fall in a cloud of dust as he ran up the stone path to the lab’s front door.  The door was an automatic door that made a distinct woosh sound as it opened before him.  He smiled giddily as he look forward.  


Danny arrived second, and stepped carefully off of his bike.  He looked at the bike in the dirt and shook his head.  Fletcher’s already here,, huh?  I wonder if I’m the last one, he thought to himself.  He folded it up slowly as he breathed deeply.  He put the rectangular-shaped mesh of his bike softly into his backpack, and zipped it back up.  He stood up straight, took a long breath, and stepped forward purposefully.  


He walked inside, and immediately saw the back of his old friend, Fletcher, standing at a long table with three spheres sitting.  Well, Danny thought, I guess I wasn’t the last one after all.  


He approached the table nervously and planted himself beside his friend Fletcher who was looking down at one of the spheres.  It was a Pokeball, and it had a bright green leaf printed on the front of the red half of the ball.  Danny grinned happily.  Fletcher had researched his starter choice thoroughly and had been going on for months about the Grass-Type, Chikorita.  


Danny looked down at the table and placed himself in front of the Pokeball with a water drop on the front of it.  He and Naomi had both fancied the Water-Type, Totodile, over the other three, and they both agreed that whoever arrived first would be the one to get it.  Danny wondered if Naomi would hold up that agreement.  She had probably forgotten in her excitement.  He sighed deeply and looked down at his feet.  


A staircase sat against the back wall that the two boys faced, and they both looked at it as they heard the sound of the Professor’s dress shoes tapping against the polished steel.  He hit the last step, and the tail of his bright white lab coat danced excitedly around his feet.  His tan vest, made of thick Mareep wool, was tucked into his darker brown pants. Underneath the vest, he wore a dress shirt that was a bright green.  His square glasses sat firmly in front of two bright blue eyes.  His messy blond hair complimented his goofy smile that radiated with pride.  He was Professor Jason Elm of the Johto region.


“Fletcher!  Danny!  Welcome!  Are you two ready to become Pokemon trainers?!”  His voice was excited and he walked over to his desk, pulled his rolling chair out, and plopped down with gusto.  He swiveled the chair around to face the boys.  “Well?  Take your pick, boys!  This will be the partner that will help define your journey.  Pick wisely.”


Danny and Fletcher exchanged nervous glances.  “Erm, Professor?”  Danny asked awkwardly.


Elm rose his eyebrow and addressed Danny.  “What seems to be the matter, son?”


Danny pointed towards the door.  “Shouldn’t we wait for Naomi first?”


Elm sighed deeply, and let his arms dangle dramatically.  “I suppose we should wait for the entire New Bark trio to get here huh?”  


Danny beamed brightly.  “Of course we should!”


“Okay, but she better not take too long,” Elm replied, exasperatedly.  



© 2016 Danny


Author's Note

Danny
I'm more concerned with content than I am with grammar and syntax, but any feedback is incredibly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: pokemon, new bark town, johto, silver, gold, professor elm


Author

Danny
Danny

St. Louis



About
Just a starting writer trying to hone his craft. My Pokemon fanfiction is my baby right now. more..

Writing
Chapter 3: Route 29 Chapter 3: Route 29

A Chapter by Danny