Chapter 2: I Choose You!

Chapter 2: I Choose You!

A Chapter by Danny
"

With Naomi, Fletcher, and Danny all at the lab, the Professor encourages them to choose their starter.

"

A small buzz could be heard as Naomi’s Pokenav rattled against her night stand.  This is what she called “the calm before the storm”.  What came next, “the storm”, was also what she would describe as “the worst noise anybody could ever hear ever”.  This screeching noise, which acted as her last alarm, sent her bolting upwards in her bed.  Her long, red hair stook up in every direction and she looked groggily at the time.


“Oh…”  The sound escaped her before the thought even connected.  “S**t, I’m so late!”  She hopped out of bed, her feet lightly hitting the floor, changed her clothes, grabbed her backpack, and sloppily put her hair into a messy bun.  By the time she carefully dashed down her narrow stairs, she was out of breath, and struggling to put her shoes on.  Before her parents could even greet her, she had slipped out the door, passing her bike sitting the yard, and breaking into the most intense sprint of her life.


Danny leaned against the side of the table, and looked impatiently at the door.  Fletcher sat in a collapsable chair that Elm had brought for him.  He rested the back of his head on the back of the chair and looked at the ceiling.  Danny looked at his long, brown hair that covered his one eye.  He looked displeased and attempted to fix it with a quick rustle.  Seeming satisfied, he returned his attention to the door.


A few seconds later, and very out of breath Naomi barrelled into the room, startling Fletcher into almost falling out of his chair.  Danny sat back at the sound of his childhood friend’s hectic entrance.  Elm looked up nonchalantly from his computer and a smile crept across his face.


“Well, the gang’s all here.  Good morning, Naomi.”  He stood up and walked towards the front of the table.  Fletcher and Danny returned to their places in front of their starter choices.


Naomi took a moment to breathe, placing her hands on her knees and heaving heavily.  “I’m so sorry, I slept through my alarm.”  



The professor chuckled.  “It’s quite alright.  I’m relieved to see that you’re here at last.  Go ahead and stand by the table over here - if your legs can still move, that is.”  He laughed softly.

Her exhaustion turned to laser focus as she looked at the table and saw Danny stand in front of the Pokeball with the water droplet.  “Oh Hell no, Daniel, you are not about to pick Totodile!”  She roared.


Danny’s eyes narrowed at her furiously.  “Like Hell you will, Naomi!!  We made a deal, and I got here first, so Totodile’s mine!”


“I don’t care!  Totodile is a small, cute reptile, and I love small cute reptiles!  I get Totodile!”  


Danny pouted, and turned away from his friend.  “Fine…”  He positioned himself next to Fletcher half-heartedly, and Naomi smugly took her place on Danny’s right.  


Elm gathered himself, and cleared his throat.  “Now, you three are going to begin the journey that will shape your lives in one way,” he looked at Fletcher, “or another,” he said, turning his attention to Naomi.  “What you do on this journey will allow you to discover who you are as a person, and will help you learn about the people and Pokemon around you.  You will develop skills you never thought you’d have, and create bonds that will last the test of time.  Now, to begin this journey, you will select your first Pokemon.”


Fletcher grabbed the Pokeball in front of him and anxiously shouted “Chikorita I choose you!”


Naomi quickly snatched her Pokeball and shouted proudly “Totodile, I choose you!”


Danny sighed and grabbed his Pokeball as he said “Cyndaquil, I choose you.”  


Before the trio left, Professor Elm handed them each a brown box that felt dense and heavy.  “This is your Trainer Starter Kit.  It contains everything that you will need to begin your Pokemon journey properly.  Use them wisely, the supplies are limited.”


They nodded understandingly.  “And Naomi, Danny, Fletcher?  One more thing.”


“What’s that, Professor?”  Fletcher asked hesitantly.


The Professor began to tear up.  “Farewell.  I hope to see you all when this is over.”


Naomi wiped a tear from her eye.  “Of course Professor, we wouldn’t go anywhere else.”  The other two nodded in agreement.


Elm managed a smile.  “Good, now get out there and make me proud.”


© 2016 Danny


Author's Note

Danny
My sincerest apologies for the late publishing. I'm going to strive to make this a weekly update. Hold me to that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: pokemon, fiction, fantasy, johto, cynaquil, totodile, chikorita, professor elm, pokemon gold, pokemon silver, adventure


Author

Danny
Danny

St. Louis



About
Just a starting writer trying to hone his craft. My Pokemon fanfiction is my baby right now. more..

Writing
Chapter 3: Route 29 Chapter 3: Route 29

A Chapter by Danny