Old Wounds

Old Wounds

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Old photos.

"

Sorting through old photos
I come across you yet again.
Those same searing, pleading eyes.
That same sexy, crooked smile.
That same nervous knot in my stomach.
I thought that wound had fused.
A voice cries out from the 

crawlspace of my soul.
"Tear it up!"
With a sigh, I stare off into nowhere
And tuck you back, safely away.

 


 


 

Get this widget | Track details |                 eSnips Social DNA

© 2010 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely.
I know how this can be. I live this every once in a while
when I take those old pictures out and see HIM.
Every time you look at those pictures of that certain person,
you think I can do this, I can get rid of them, but you just can't,
for some reason...
And that reason is embedded in your heart and soul,
Where that person left an imprint so deep
that you cannot shake it off.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a beautifully sad poem. I love your description of her...

'Those same searing, pleading eyes.
That same sexy, crooked smile.
That same nervous knot in my stomach.'

Great job, I really liked this poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It sucks when you go down memory lane and feel the pain you once felt ages ago. This a poem that almost all people no doubt can relate to. Excellently done! ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The words are to the point.....powerful and short.....a lot of feeling here, that everyone can identify with....

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Memories are so powerful. I wish it were as easy as "out of sight, out of mind." This poem makes me feel like you had good memories with her. As if you cared so much about her that to look at the face of her hurts.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written. It funny how one little photo can bring about so much emotion and feeling. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really done Jerry and it makes me wonder why you don't write more poetry. There are so many layers of feeling in this write and you did it in only a few lines. I love the touches as the crooked smile and the fused wounds. This is going in my favorites. Excellent poem. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found my way back here. Over the years I've rid myself of the mementos of every former love but one. Notes and letters and photos were discarded as I cleaned up my cluttered life. But, somehow, every time I come to Those letters. . . I've tried. I've had them in my hands still tied in that purple ribbon. I've stopped reading them now. But I'm not sure I can ever throw them away.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Memories are like that - in this case you are actually holding a picture in your hand - and oh how they bring back memories. I do this now and then - look at the kids pics when they were little and I can actually smell the baby shampoo in their hair or remember just how my daughter's voice sounded at that age - or even remember what she was saying when I took the picture.... I still have my wedding album that I have looked at since I left and remember how wide eyed and hopeful I was that day.... I don't know if I have ever been as pretty as that day!!!! Memories and photos tug at your heart - moments captured in time and forever stored on our hearts.

kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Does that knot in our stomach ever really go away? This is beautiful it invokes a lot of emotion.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem because I can relate to not wanting to give someone up. A great work of an emotion that almost everyone can relate to.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1289 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on January 10, 2010

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain