--- Cats and Dogs ---

--- Cats and Dogs ---

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Who are the higher life forms?

"

Every morn when daylight breaks,

coffee's waft stirs me to wake.


I pour a cup and watch the news,

and ruminate on different views.


With wagging tail, my dog butts in.

She licks my face, from brow to chin.


"Good morning friend," she seems to say,

then wakes the cat so they can play.


As furry pals enjoy their play,

I watch to see what's news today.


While people kill for barren land,

where nothing grows in rocks and sand


I glance into the room next door,

where cat and dog romp on the floor.


The dog and cat are best of friends,

but human conflict never ends.


The question then, that always burns,

"Is why can't humans ever learn?"

© 2017 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! That was not expected at all. Here I thought it was going to be a cute little poem about cats and dogs and then Wham! I get hit right between the eyes with something more profound. Very well done! I like how you describe the way the dog and cat like to play. I have two cats and morning seems to be their play time. Anyway, I thouroghly enjoyed this poem.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love surprises and this piece was that. The way you contrast the day-to-day of each reality works like a slap across the face. I see what you see and as Pedro and I play ball in fields of green, I am acutely aware that with each step ...someone's life is ruined through man's inhumanity to man (actually that should read "through some power hungy government's disregard for the non-powerful who get in its way").

Your rhythm, content and reaction-causing ending make this brilliant.

Namaste,
Tina

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
sweet .

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderfully amazing. I love it, so cute but with a powerful message. Beautifully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I wish I knew why, I really do, our animal friends make it seem so simple. Your ending lends one to wonder exactly that and yet we are at war. Fantastic writing, Jerry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So, you edited this and I never even saw it before. Shame on me. I love this style of rhyme and flow.

We have two cats and an old blind dog. A couple of weeks ago, my wife stepped on the older cats tail while she was by the sleeping dog and the cat let out a scream. The younger cat, who usually loves the dog thought that the dog had hurt the older cat and violently attacked the sleeping blind dog cutting his ear.

Now, they are all friends again having forgotten the mishap. I think the problem people have is forgetting wht caused their problems in the first place.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

AMEN!
I love it!
I have a cat of my own and watching them does remind you of how peaceful life could be and should be.
Great poem!
I think this is the best one I've read since I joined this site a week ago.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the message in this poem. In fact, my day goes very much similar so I could relate to it quite well. It's true though, that humans, with all our infinite wisdom, are not near as happy and carefree as our less inteligent four legged friends, leaving one to wonder who really is the smarter species.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I've very often thought the same thing...I've also thought that I'd really like to be an animal, but with the rate of animal negligence and cruelty, it might be a bad idea.

You raise a great point here, and you present it oh so well in this poem.

Great job, man.

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"Why can't we humans be as nice?"

maybe cuz the universe hasnt wacked us on the snout with a rolled up newspaper enough?

just a thought

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Wow! That was not expected at all. Here I thought it was going to be a cute little poem about cats and dogs and then Wham! I get hit right between the eyes with something more profound. Very well done! I like how you describe the way the dog and cat like to play. I have two cats and morning seems to be their play time. Anyway, I thouroghly enjoyed this poem.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

889 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2017

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Hurting The Hurting

A Poem by Bubo


Meltdown Meltdown

A Poem by Bubo


Clean Soul Clean Soul

A Poem by Bubo