--- Cats and Dogs ---

--- Cats and Dogs ---

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Who are the higher life forms?

"

Every morn when daylight breaks,

coffee's waft stirs me to wake.


I pour a cup and watch the news,

and ruminate on different views.


With wagging tail, my dog butts in.

She licks my face, from brow to chin.


"Good morning friend," she seems to say,

then wakes the cat so they can play.


As furry pals enjoy their play,

I watch to see what's news today.


While people kill for barren land,

where nothing grows in rocks and sand


I glance into the room next door,

where cat and dog romp on the floor.


The dog and cat are best of friends,

but human conflict never ends.


The question then, that always burns,

"Is why can't humans ever learn?"

© 2017 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! That was not expected at all. Here I thought it was going to be a cute little poem about cats and dogs and then Wham! I get hit right between the eyes with something more profound. Very well done! I like how you describe the way the dog and cat like to play. I have two cats and morning seems to be their play time. Anyway, I thouroghly enjoyed this poem.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow.
Appropriate for me to read this soon after I sent you that comment.
Very good question you raise here.

I say the reason is this.

People are afraid of what they are unaccustomed to. We are rasied (intentionally or unintentionally) to at least some extent to dislike (or even hate) what is differant than us.

I believe this because we aren't born with the instint to hate, it's something we pick up along the way. Babies and toddlers don't discriminate because or color.

I think it's basically the same with dogs and cats. I raised a puppy and a mother cat together at the same time and have actually seen the cat bathe the puppy.

But eventually after we put the dog outside and he grew accustomed to other dogs he would bark at and chase the same cat that basically took care of his like her own kittin when he was younger.

Humans need to realize that half the crap we see on the news is a form of propaganda anyway.
We hear everytime someone over there is responsible for a US solider's death but never hear or see any of the possitives.

Like soldiers with foreign kids sitting on their knees waving signs that say "Thank you America".

Hitler was quoted once saying "You can either be a good christian or a good German. You can't be both."

Meaning you can either have full allegiance to your country of full allegiance to God.

I don't know that I agree with that or not.
But I do understand that any country (including the USA) is completely wrong is the think that they are the only good people in the world.

I guess I've listened to John Lennon's Imagine one too many times but I think the inhabitants of this planet would be so much better off thinking off themselves as one group of people as a whole and not residence of one country.

Or in our case one city or state.

Great job with this man.
I really enjoyed it.



Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome. I love it. For one I'm a pet lover and a cat freak so it caught my eye but it has a wonderful point inside it as well. Well done. :]

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

aww this is cute and an interesting point

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Flow in this is bloody brilliant, sentences so perfectly formed. an interesting point aswell, why are humans the most destructive things on earth. Like this alot it's definitely going to my favorites! 5 stars!

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Aww. Sad, but true. We really should be more like cats and dogs shouldn't we? :P
The rhyming scheme made it very easy to read, and I usually don't like a/b/a/b rhyming.
So you did a good job. I'm impressed =)


Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved this, as a pet lover of course. But I also liked how you took that and entwined some political undertones into it. Great write Jerry. T






Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

cute, cute, cute. each such a small moment is a precious mirracle.
I am also a coffe addict and gourmet, lol.

This was a great ending. loved it.
a cultivation of insights and question, they remain.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Because, Jerry, people have the capacity for higher thinking, with which comes the capacity for selfishness, avarice, lust, and other corruptions. Sad but true.

I was smiling by stanza 3, grinning by stanza 5; both faded by stanza 6, and I was thinking. If you look over the course of history, has there ever been a time when there was not some human faction doing battle against another? No wonder when God looked down, He was sorry He made Man.

Very profound points, Jerry, and well delivered. You used the indirect method, which made your question at the end all the more significant.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Y'know....I guess the question is this intended as a fluffy feel-good piece or a serious one. As a light airy poem, it works OK. If it's intended to be serious, I would set it up as conversation between the guy and the dog. It wouldn't beat you over the head as much that way.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bravo I thought this was just a fun playful piece, but at end is a question so profound. I only wish I had an answer to it. LOL You seem to continually surprise me. Thank you for sharing your
poems and stories they are a blessing.

Debby

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

889 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2017

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Meltdown Meltdown

A Poem by Bubo


Clean Soul Clean Soul

A Poem by Bubo